365 days, 365 songs, was one the headlines in the St. Paul Pioneer Press 12-30-11. Terry Eason, a St. Paul musician resolved, at this time last year, to write and record a new song every day of 2011 and posts it online. Eason placed criteria on himself in his endeavor. He had to be able to perform each song twice (“no improvised madness”) and each composition had to have lyrics and a tune.
Humans are creative by design; and though we sometimes forget that we manifest our thoughts and perceptions of the world, we create countless ways throughout our life, regardless of whether we believe we are creating or not. When we think positive or negative thoughts, we create energy waves that go out into the universe. George Bernard Shaw said: “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
So as 2011 draws to a close and we look ahead to 2012, we may choose to ponder on our creativity and how we are choosing to manifest our life. We do not need to be artists, musicians, chefs, or “talented” to create. The list that follows leads me and maybe you, who are reading this, to contemplate:
- Creating positive thoughts and positive words as our pattern in life, which in turn will create a positive flow of energy around our being.
- Creating kindness in our interactions with our co-workers, friends, and family, giving all who we interact with, patience and love.
- Creating a positive environment for our home, children, and spouse or loved ones.
- Creating love in all we do, love in the gift of creating meals, love in the gift of taking care of another’s needs, and love in the simple tasks we perform in our everyday life.
- Creating an awareness of staying present in our life, and when or if we slip, refraining from self-judgment, recreating our awareness of the present moment.
- Creating our dreams, passions, and desires into reality by pursuing these desires, being persistent in our effort, and using positive self-talk.
- Creating joy by living joy in all we do.
- Creating often equals play, which brings positive energy and positive energy flow into our life. So create playfulness in our life.
- Creating an attitude of gratitude and appreciation of others, our life, nature, the world around us, and in all areas of our life.
- Singing, dancing, creating, creating, creating.
May 2011 end with peace and joy. May 2012 begin with conscious creation. Thank-you for reading. For more information, please see: www.soultosoulaguide.com