As the holidays get closer and closer, we hope you’re still finding some time to pamper yourself. Yes, we know holiday time means family time first, but with all the planning, cooking, shopping, stressing, traveling – you get the picture – you need to make sure you’re taking care of yourself too.
Use this guide for holiday treatments to treat yourself, in the salon and at home. They’ll help you de-stress and refuel, so you’ll be able to handle anything these next two weeks throws at you. Oh, and they’re all holiday-themed so you can stay in the holiday spirit and get pampered all at the same time. What a multi-tasker.
At the salon…These spa packages may have been originally created as gifts for the friends and family on your list, but who says you can’t treat yourself to them too?!
- Wrapper’s Delight – Half Note Massage, Half Note Facial and AWAY pedi, $200, at Austin Away Spa located at W Austin. This spa package promises to have you “wrapping presents in no time.”
- Holiday Signature Retreat – 90-minute Lux Massage, Signature Facial plus lip + eye treats, m+h Manicure, $259, at milk + honey spa. Head-to-toe relaxation.
- Tannenbaum Treat – Shampoo and blowdry, traditional manicure and pedicure, $155, at Aziz Salon. This will get you prepped and looking great for trips home to see your family, work holiday parties and gift exchanges with friends.
- Spa La La Holiday Relaxation Package – This is the whole shebang: sauna with peppermint towels, Swedish massage, hydrating body wrap, Ginger steam towel treatment, full body dry brush exfoliation, mint scalp treatment, warm sugar cookie back scrub and a take home swag bag all for $179 at Viva Day Spa. Two hours of extreme relaxation. One hundred and twenty minutes of you time!
At home… These treatments are easy, cheap and just as effective. So put down the Blackberry, clear your mind of all of the mental “To Do” Lists and enjoy.
- Holiday Body Buffer – This full-body, winterized body scrub will leave your skin refreshed and smooth. Combine 1 cup brown sugar, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tbsp vitamin E oil, 2 tsp nutmeg, 2 tsp ginger and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Peppermint Scrub – Peppermint, with its antibacterial properties, is best for your feet, legs and hands. Blend 3 drops of peppermint essential oil, ½ cup minced fresh mint, 1 cup sea salt, 5 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
- Cranberry Face Scrub – Mix ¼ cup cornmeal, 2 tbsp crushed cranberries, 1tbsp buttermilk and 2 tsp honey for a holiday at-home facial!