Are you looking for a professional organization in the Mobile, Alabama area that provides professional development and networking opportunities specific to human resource management on a local level?
Whether you work in or run your company’s human resource management department or if you are a business owner or manager who is responsible for the HR function in your organization, the Mobile Society for Human Resource Management (MSHRM) is a group that you may want to consider joining.
Facts about the Mobile Society for Human Resource Management
- MSHRM is a local chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management
- The chapter has nearly 300 members representing companies of all sizes across a wide variety of industries
- Chapter dues are $40 per year
- Chapter meetings are held the second Friday of every month (except November) at Heron Lakes Country Club
- Informative programs on HR topics are offered at each monthly meeting
- MSHRM offers free HR-specific job postings on the chapter website
- The organization holds the Gulf Coast Human Resource Conference each November
- Meeting and conference sponsorships are available to vendors
Want to Learn More?
Are you thinking that MSHRM might be beneficial to you? The best way to get a sense of the organization is to attend a chapter meeting. Dates, topics and RSVP details are published on the MSHRM website. You can also register to receive the chapter’s newsletter via the “Subscribe” button on the main page.
Note: The author of this article is a current member of MSHRM and has held a number of positions on its Board of Directors, including president.