2011 was an amazing year for celebrities gathering together and raising money for causes throughout the world. The terrible devastation in Japan after the Earthquake and Tsunami brought out generous celebrity donors as did other world events. In addition to catastrophes, celebrities such as Gwen Stefani, Reese Witherspoon, Paris Hilton and Bret Michaels worked tirelessly to raise money for causes which are near and dear to their hearts.
There were so many star-studded events it is difficult to narrow down the list to just five, so we condensed the list by celebrity; here we go!
1) Gwen Stefani generously donated $1 million to the Japan Earthquake-Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund shortly after Japan was hit with the Earthquake and Tsunami. The singer followed up by hosting a fundraising tea party to help raise additional funds two months later. Now THAT’S dedication to a cause.
2) Paris Hilton appeared at several charity events throughout the year and opened up her pocket book to donate to the cause. She was extremely active in March 2011 when Hilton ran in the Tokidoki Relief Run and then later in the month donated shoes to raise money for Soles4Souls. Of course, Paris, sister Nicky and mom Kathy won an award for their dedication to charity that same month. Cheers Paris!
3) Naomi Campbell was spotted walking the runway for charity and attending events throughout the year, but her staggering donation of 94,000 pounds was what got everyone’s attention. The supermodel made this generous donation to the Red Cross in order to aid the flood victims in Pakistan. Way to go Naomi!
4) Rocker Bret Michaels performed at several charity concerts throughout the year, but the moment he donated an entire music room to St. Joseph’s barrow Neurological Institute, he captured our hearts. Rock on Bret!
5) Reese Witherspoon is known as one of the more generous celebrities in Hollywood, but when she presented $9.1 million in grants for use towards the fight against breast cancer after walking in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk, she captured the hearts of millions. The money could not have been raised without her; Merci Reese!
Bonus: OK, it is too hard to keep this list to five! The Black Eyed Peas are one of the most generous music groups around. The talented singers worked hard all year to improve the lives of children and bring music education to children everywhere. When they raised $4 million for the Robin Hood Foundation at the Concert 4 NYC our hearts melted. Thank you!
Apologies to any celebrity who may feel left out of this list, it was extremely difficult to compile only five events.
2012 is almost here and the New Year is sure to bring out new celebrity donors and play host to many amazing fundraisers.
Thank you to everyone who donates and helps raise money for charity. The world is a better place because of you. Happy New Years and see you in January with new and exciting celebrity charity event news!