As one of the hottest cities in the Southeast, it goes without saying that there will be a treasure trove of New Year’s Eve celebrations from the heart of Downtown Atlanta fanning out into the suburbs and on up into the mountains of North Georgia. From hip, young dance parties to elegant soirees – there will be something to fit the bill for New Year’s Eve revelers of every taste and temperament. To help you decide where YOU might ring in 2012 this year, Examiner has collected a list of ten terrific places to celebrate New Year’s Eve in and around Atlanta this Saturday night:
- 2012 Peach Drop in Downtown Atlanta – Famed for being the “largest New Year’s Eve Celebration in the Southeast,” the Peach Drop is always a well-attended, multi-faceted affair. It’s a family-friendly shindig from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. with live performances on the Budding Peach Stage, carnival rides, face painting, and more. As the sun goes down, the level of excitement rises. Headlining on the Peach Drop Main Stage during this 23rd annual commemoration of Dixie’s version of the ball drop is legendary rock band, Kansas. A full line-up of bands take the stage from 6 p.m. to Kansas’ appearance at 11:15, followed by the Peach Drop at midnight. In conjunction with the downtown celebration, Underground will be rocking, as well. Kenny’s Alley will be packed wall-to-wall throughout the day and on into the wee hours of the following morning with live performances from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. Guests can also watch the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and Peach Drop LIVE on Kenny’s Alley Big Screen.
- Downtown Countdown at Hyatt Regency Atlanta – Attendees must be 21 or older to attend this formal (but not stuffy) event in the heart of downtown. In its eighth year, the Downtown Countdown boasts an all inclusive party ticket offering access to all the areas of entertainment on two ballroom floors with a 5 & 1/2 hour premium open bar, an array of the Hyatt’s top notch cuisine featuring heavy hors d’oeuvres; carving, Asian & pasta stations; and late night breakfast plus Atlanta’s largest hotel balloon drop at midnight along with decorations & party favors. Multiple party areas include: Metromix Centennial Ballroom featuring 3 Bands & DJ Dave on Main Stage; Grand Hall featuring Red Bull Club ’12 – DJ Joel of Lethal Rhythms; Hanover Room featuring 2 Local Atlanta Bands; Regency Hall featuring Video DJ Remix; and the Punchline Comedy Lounge featuring 4 Comedians in The Learning Center. HURRY! This event has been known to sell out quickly every year!
- NYE in the ATL 2012 at the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel – Believed to be “Atlanta’s #1 New Year’s Eve Party for Urban Professionals,” this event features multiple party rooms, comedy jams, poetry slams, DJs plus live performances featuring a bold mix of hip hop, R&B, old school, reggae and salsa music from artists such as Highlanda, Traci Steele, Nephu and more. It’s actually sandwiched between two other events – Drinks & Winks on Friday, December 30 and First Night Atlanta on Sunday, January 1. Tickets to all three events are available for purchase online.
- Chateau Élan’s New Year Celebration – Offering three special party packages to choose from, Chateau Élan presents something unique to accommodate just about any kind of New Year’s Eve celebrator. Their Masquerade Party Package takes place inside the elegant Inn and includes a Deluxe King Room with New Year’s Eve Gift, Welcome Cocktail Reception with passed Hors d’oeuvres, Six-Hour Open Bar with Premium Cocktails, Four Course Sit-down Dinner with Wine Service, Party Favors and Champagne Toast at Midnight, Live Music from Party Nation, and New Year’s Day Breakfast Buffet. The Carnival Party Package takes place inside the expansive Winery and includes a Double Bed Room in the Inn, Welcome Cocktail Reception, Five-Hour Open Bar with Deluxe Cocktails, Three Course Sit-down Dinner with Wine Service, Party Favors and Champagne Toast at Midnight, Live D.J., and New Year’s Day Breakfast Buffet. For a full-weekend escape, the New Year’s Eve Sojourn Package includes their most decadent package. This exclusive 3-Night Package is available for Dec. 30th arrival and includes overnight accommodations for 3 nights in the Inn at Chateau Élan, Breakfast buffet for two each morning in the Versailles Restaurant, a $100 Resort Credit which can be applied toward Dining, Spa, Golf, or any other Resort Amenity, Masquerade New Year’s Eve Gala for two which includes: Welcome Cocktail Reception with passed Hors d’oeuvres, Six-Hour Open Bar with Premium Cocktails, Four Course Sit-down Dinner with Wine Service, Party Favors and Champagne Toast at Midnight, and Live Music from Party Nation. HURRY!!! This is a highly popular event, and rooms at this trendy North Georgia destination are going fast.
- Lake Lanier Islands Resort’s New Years Eve Masquerade Party – Not only does this evening represent one of the last opportunities to see the Resort’s renowned Magical Nights of Lights in 2011, it also represents one of the coolest lakeside parties in town! After taking a spin through the 7-mile driving tour of millions of festively twinkling lights, stopover at the Resort’s Legacy Lodge for lush accommodations and a classic Masquerade Party in the Plantation Ballroom. A delectable three-course dinner plus dessert buffet will be served from 8 to 10 p.m. Live entertainment including a performance by American Flyers takes place from 8 to 1 a.m. Complimentary party favors and champagne toast happens at midnight. Prize will be awarded for best mask before the evening comes to a close. The beautiful evening doesn’t have to end there! Special overnight packages are available starting at $309 + tax. Must be 21 or older to attend.
- Drinkshop’s NYE 2012 at W Atlanta Downtown – party features a live “mashup” of rock and hip hop courtesy of the band Vonnegut and a soundtrack by DJ Jeremy Avalon. Show starts at 9 p.m. and features a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. This intimate evening features a limited number of tickets, so if this night and venue sound right up your alley – you’d better move quickly!
- Callaway Garden’s New Years Eve Package – Trade the hustle bustle of New Year’s Eve in the big city for 13,000 acres of beautiful natural setting. Welcome the new year and celebrate in style with Callaway’s New Year’s Eve package, which includes: Gala celebration with dancing to live music by George Hughley and the Elites; Dinner and party favors; Transportation to and from your accommodations and the New Year’s Eve Celebration; Admission to Callaway’s world-class Gardens, seven miles of nature trails and our 10-mile Discovery bicycle trail; Choice of accommodations from the charming Mountain Creek Inn, to a relaxing Cottage or secluded Villa.
- ASO New Year’s Eve – The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra adds their own musical spin to the New Year with a memorable performance that is a delight to both the ears AND eyes. Principal Pops Conductor Michael Krajewski rings in your New Year as only he can, with sparkling music evoking the first couple of song and dance, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. London and Broadway stage stars Joan Hess and Kirby Ward rekindle the golden era of top hats, tuxes, and shimmering gowns as they frolic to big band classics by Cole Porter, George Gershwin, Irving Berlin and Jerome Kern.
- New Year’s Eve at Atlantic Station – Why tie yourself down to just ONE place this New Year’s Eve when at Atlantic Station, you can merrily hop from one place to another in search of the best party to fit your personality! Rosa Mexicano and Lobby at Twelve will be hosting parties, but the rest of the Station’s restaurants and lounges will also be open and ready to help you ring in the New Year.
- Barnsley Gardens Resort New Year’s Eve Weekend – Romance abounds at this historic North Georgia resort in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains which features a special holiday package that includes two night’s stay with breakfast each morning, a sumptious New Year’s Eve dinner at the Rice House on Saturday evening, admission to the Resort’s New Year’s Eve Bash and the Fairy Godmother’s Frog Drop at midnight plus $150 in resort credit to use toward additional dining, activities and/or merchandise.
Best wishes for a Happy, Safe, and Memorable New Year!