The year 2011 is almost over and everyone is eager to see what 2012 has in store for us. At this time it is customary to look back and review the highlights of the closing year. If you are thinking of which restaurants to visit for New Year’s Eve dinner, here is a list of five Indian restaurants in Phoenix and East Valley to choose from. The list is by no means all encompassing; neither does it include all the cuisine from this region. It just reflects the variety in Indian cuisine that is now available in the Phoenix region.
1. The Dhaba: Located in Tempe right next to a light rail station, this restaurant specializes in North Indian cuisine notably from Punjab. The food comes piping hot served in rustic copper and steel utensils. The restaurant serves good tandoori chicken and other chicken items. Check out the review at http://lodeplus.com/indian-food-in-phoenix/dhaba-punjabi-roadside-experiment-by-india-plaza-review
2. Copper Kettle: This restaurant has recently relocated from its longtime Mesa location to Chandler on Warner and Alma School roads (previous location of Indus Village). The food is Pakistani mostly from the Balti region. Very good kababs and meat dishes. Check out the review from the Mesa location at http://lodeplus.com/indian-food-in-phoenix/copper-kettle-indo-pak-balti-restaurant-mesa-review
The new address is
1964 N Alma School Rd. St# 1
Chandler AZ 85224
3. Bawarchi: A new restaurant which opened in Chandler on Warner and Dobson roads (previous location of India Paradise and Curry house), this place specializes in South Indian non vegetarian cuisine from Hyderabad. The owners previously owned Priya Restaurant in Tempe. Very good biriyanis and meat dishes. Check out the review at http://lodeplus.com/indian-food-in-phoenix/bawarchi-new-indian-restaurant-chandler-review
4. Krishna Café: For those opting for vegetarian food, Krishna café is the right place to go. This restaurant located in Chandler at Chandler Boulevard and Rural roads; specializes in South Indian vegetarian food. Check out the menu at http://www.cafekrishnaaz.com/Dosa.html
5. Indian Delhi Palace: A long time valley institution, this restaurant on McDowell Road is known for its food and catering. They also have a banquet hall for hosting parties and events. Check out the menu at http://www.indiandelhipalace.com/ordereze/Content/1/Summary.aspx
The address is
5104 S McDowell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Another restaurant, India’s Grill recently closed down at the Mesa location on Stapeley Drive. They are planning to reopen at a new location in Chandler. More information would be available once the new location is open. Presently their website is also under maintainence.