Planning to stay in for 2012 New Year’s Eve and wondering what’s on TV? There are so many New Year’s specials on TV you may want to set your DVR.
America’s oldest teenager, Dick Clark, used to rule the airwaves on New Year’s Eve, but now he’s got competition! A rival celebration on NBC with Carson Daly, plus Demi Lovato hosting on MTV, and David Archuleta on Fox. Even Anderson Cooper is in on the fun!
- Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC. Dick Clark kicks off the night with his 40th Anniversary party followed by his New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest. Co-hosts include Jenny McCarthy and Fergie. Bachelor Ben Flajnic will be there and the show will feature performances by Florence & the Machine, Nicki Minaj, LMFAO, the Band Perry, blink-182, OneRepublic, Gym Class Heroes, Talo Cruz, Will.i.am, and Christina Perri. Finaly, Lady Gaga will do the honors of dropping the ball at midnight. (Raleigh channel WTVD 11, TWC 111)
- MTV’s NYE in NYC Celebration11 p.m. ET. If you missed your chance to win a trip to NYC to celebrate with Selena Gomez you can still see her on this special hosted by Demi Lovato and “Teen Wolf’s” Tyler Posey. The special features musical acts by Jason Derulo, Mac Miller, J. Cole, and more. “Switched at Birth” stars Vanessa Marano and Katie Leclere will also appear. (Raleigh TWC 53)
- NBC’s New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly 10:00 p.m. ET. Meanwhile, at Rockefeller Plaza, you can see Drake, Jessie J, Blake Shelton, Cee Lo Green, The Roots, Tony Bennet, and “Smash” star Megan Hilty. There will also be a special comedy performance by Jimmy Fallon and NBC news anchor Brian Williams will give his review of 2011 music. NBC “Today” correspondent Amy Robach will bring live reports from Times Square and you’ll get special NYE greetings from “Golden Globes” host Ricky Gervais and more. (Raleigh channel WNCN 17, TWC 117)
- New Year’s Eve Live11:00 p.m. ET on Fox. Nancy O’Dell hosts this bash featuring “American Idol” runner-up David Archuleta, Travie McCoy, Brandy, and dance group Jabbawockeez. Mariah Carey will debut her new music video, “Auld Lang Syne.” (Raleigh Channel FOX 50, TWC 150)
- All-American New Year10:00 p.m. ET on Fox News. Are these celebrations not patriotic enough for you? Well, join co-hosts Megyn Kelly and Bill Hemmer and more Fox News Channel correspondents, with performances by Rick Springfield, the Gin Blossoms, violinist David Garrett, Trace Adkins, and “American Idol” runner-up Katherine McPhee. (Raleigh TWC 58)
- New Year’s Eve Live With Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin11:00 p.m. on CNN. Not to be outdone by Fox News, Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin host this special together for the 4th time. Awkwardness will be celebrated: “Kathy Griffin scares me. I’ve said this often to CNN management directly and through my attorneys,” said Cooper “She continues to appear by my side on New Year’s Eve, so clearly no one is listening to me” Griffin adds, “By the time I’m done with him, Anderson’s hair is going to be even more gray. In fact, the night is going to be so wild, his hair is actually going to turn brown again.” (Raleigh TWC 58)
- Watch What Happens Live: Andy’s New Year’s Party10:30 p.m. Bravo. Last but not least, Andy Cohen hosts this special with Jimmy Fallon, Jay Sean, and the Rent Is Too Damn High Party leader Jimmy McMillan. Cast members of the various “Real Housewives” shows will join the fun, and there will be a first-ever “wig drop” at midnight. (Raleigh TWC 72)
Times and channels are based out of Raleigh, NC. Happy New Year!
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a lodeplus.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Frugal Livingclick hereto subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with lodeplus.com? Click here to link to lodeplus.com and start sharing your knowledge today.