With New Year’s Eve just days away, now is the perfect time to start planning your celebration. Whether you are planning a great big holiday bash or an intimate family get-together, why not ring in the New Year with simple-to-make and fun-to-eat appetizers? After all, who really wants to spend all day in the kitchen during the holidays anyway?
Whether you prefer sweet, salty, spicy or somewhere in-between, the following appetizer recipes are sure to be great big hit during your New Year’s Eve bash.
30 New Year’s Eve Appetizer Recipes
- Brie En Croute – This recipe looks fabulous! You’ll need frozen puff pastry, walnuts, Brie wheel, brown sugar, unsalted butter, an egg, cinnamon and crackers for this dip.
- Chicken Wing Dip – You’ll need a pound of cooked chicken, cream cheese, Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese, Marie’s Bleu Cheese Dressing and Frank’s Red Hot sauce for this warm dip.
- Grandma Annette’s 7-Layer Taco Dip – Get the party started with this delicious dip that calls for sour cream, mayo, taco seasoning, tomatoes, green onions, black olives, cheddar cheese , canned bean dip and avocados.
- Red Pepper Hummus with Toasted Pita Triangles – If you’ve never tried hummus, here’s your chance! This five-star recipe calls for chickpeas, red peppers, tahini, fresh lemon juice, garlic, cumin, parsley leaves and whole wheat pita pockets.
- Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip – You can’t have a party without this recipe!
- Spinach and Brie Topped Artichoke Hearts – If you’re a fan of spinach-artichoke dip, check out this version from Eating Well Magazine. Besides spinach, you’ll need brie, lemon pepper seasoning and artichoke hearts.
- Texas Caviar with Avocado – This five-star recipe makes a delicious holiday dip.
- Bacon Water Chestnut Wraps – You’ll need bacon, whole water chestnuts, brown sugar, mayo and chili sauce for this five-star recipe.
- Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Olives – Talk about simple! This recipe calls for just two ingredients – green olives and bacon!
- Crab-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers – If you love poppers, you’ve gotta try this recipe! You’ll need Jalapeno Peppers, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, flour, cajon/creole seasoning, jumbo lump crab meat, eggs, Panko bread crumbs and salt for this appetizing appetizer dish.
- Spinach Balls – You’ll need frozen chopped spinach, onions, eggs, herb stuffing mix, melted butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Devils on Horseback – This five-star recipe calls for dates, cheese and bacon slices. Don’t forget the toothpicks.
- Cream Cheese Penguins – Too cute! You’ll need jumbo and small black olives, cream cheese and a carrot. Decorate these little guys with strips of red pepper or pimentos. You’ll need decorative toothpicks too.
- White Bean Shooters with Bacon – You’ll need white beans or cannellini, garlic cloves, chicken broth, heavy cream, crusty bread, goat cheese and bacon for this five-star recipe.
- Cranberry Chipotle Cocktail Meatballs – You’ll need ground turkey, an onion, eggs, seasoned bread crumbs, jellied cranberry sauce, tomato paste, chipotle peppers and apple cider vinegar for this recipe.
- Cocktail Meatballs – You’ll need lean ground beef, bread crumbs, minced onion, jellied cranberry sauce, chili sauce, an egg, brown sugar and lemon juice for this delish recipe.
- Swedish Meatballs – Check out this five-star meatball recipe from Alton Brown.
- Lobster Avocado Cocktail Recipe – This five-star recipe from Bobby Flay is served in a shot glass!
- Mini Chicken Parms – You’ll need chicken tenders or chicken breast, eggs, bread crumbs, olive oil, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, thick tomato sauce and a French baguette.
- Vince’s Ham-and-Cheese Croquettes – These finger foods look amazing!
- Mini Crescent Dogs – This five-star recipe is a must-have for any occasion. You’ll need Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls, hot dogs or cocktail-sized smoked link sausages. Voila!
- Blue Cows in a Blanket – You’ll need ground beef, bacon, bleu cheese, a package of Puff Pastry, an egg and seasoning.
- Bacon-Pork Pops on Lemongrass Sticks – Better make extra – these will be gone in a hurry!
- Mini Pastrami Sandwiches – Perfect for parties!
- Cheddar and Garlic Biscuits – These homemade biscuits are similar to Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
- Polenta Crostini Recipe – Love polenta? Check out this recipe.
- Mississippi Spiced Pecans – The perfect sweet and salty combo.
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans – Here’s another five-star nutty treat!
- Apple Cinnamon Rangoon – OMG! These look yummy!
- Crunchy Caramel Corn – This five-star recipe calls for popped popcorn, peanuts, brown sugar, real butter, light corn syrup, salt, vanilla extract and baking soda.
Now if you only had a few champagne cocktails to wash down those amazing appetizers! Check out these refreshing 20 New Year’s Eve Cocktails and New Year’s Eve Toasts.