WWE superstars Alberto Del Rio and Layla are reportedly in line for upcoming world title runs. Alberto Del Rio is currently on the sidelines with an injury but is expected to reveal a more aggressive character upon his return and will get a chance to carry the title most likely post-WrestleMania 28, according to a Wednesday December 28th report by The Wrestling Observer.
Layla will also get a Divas title run upon her return from a lengthy absence due to an injury. Her run might come sooner than Del Rio’s. Natalya is also rumored to be in line for a run with the Divas title. It appears that the WWE is looking for Divas to step up and run with the belt. But who really deserves a title run in the men’s and women’s divisions? Here’s my top 5 deserving candidates:
5) R-Truth: Now that he’s back from suspension, the entertaining R-Truth deserves another push to the top of the card and a title run. He was the hottest wrestler for a few months early this summer and probably should have won the title then.
4) Cody Rhodes: Arguably the most talented wrestler on SmackDown, the second generation star is poised to become a top star in the WWE. It’s just a matter of time before he wins the belt. I predict by SummerSlam he will be world champion.
3) Dolph Ziggler: Much like Rhodes, Ziggler will be champion in 2012. His talent and ascension to the top of the roster has been fun to watch. I predict he will win the title by July’s PPV.
2) Kane: The return of Kane has rejuvenated his career. A main event feud with John Cena will also help him stay on top. The Royal Rumble has been Kane’s stomping grounds and he can really cement himself as a worthy champion if he has another dominant appearance. I say give him the belt in February, but the WWE wont.
1) Sheamus: The former two-time champion is ready for another title run. With Orton out for up to 6 months due to an injury, Sheamus will be the top face on SmackDown until WWE shuffles the roster. However, he’s more than capable to carry the belt and the show. He’s a fan favorite and has the unique look to stand out from the crowd. I say let him win the Royal Rumble and then capture the belt at WrestleMania 28.
Thanks for reading.. If you like this article, then please follow me on FaceBook. You can also click the subscribe button at the top of this page and get my articles sent directly to your email. Check out my latest articles in the suggested articles section below.