Amazon.com’s Cyber Deal Week has ended, but despite that, rest assured holiday buyers, that won’t be the end of endless bargains at the Internet giant. In fact, it seems that very little will change, as Amazon.com will transition the page, keeping the same sorts of deals through the rest of the shopping season.
Follow me on Twitter and on Facebook and on Google+
The Deals Page can be found here. Starting on Sunday, Dec. 4, and running through December 10 the page will be called “Holiday Flurry Deals.” Starting on December 11 and running through December 23 the page will be called “Top Holiday Deals.”
No matter what it’s called, the deals will continue. Holiday Flurry Deals Week will focus on one specific category per day. Some basic rules:
- Amazon.com offers great deals all week long, with new ones added every day
- Many deals are available for a limited time only, in windows of a few hours or less
- Many deals are limited in supply at that price and may sell out quickly
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or modify deals at any time
Among the deals that are time-limited are Amazon.com’s famous Lightning Deals. These are available all the time, not just during the holiday season, but there are a lot more available during this time of the year.
[Normally, in fact, you can find Amazon.com’s Daily Deals here, including their Gold Box Deal, and Lightning Deals]
To educate those not used to Amazon.com’s Lightning Deals, they are discounts that are limited in both time and quantity. The rules:
- After you add a deal to your Shopping Cart, you will have only 15 minutes to complete the purchase. If you have not purchased the deal before the time runs out, the discount will no longer apply to the product in your Cart and will be available to other customers who are interested in the deal. If the deal is still available, and you miss the deadline, you can always add it again.
- And that’s where the “Join Waitlist” prompt comes in. You might see that on a hot deal instead of “Add to Cart.” This means that all of the available discounts for the deal are in other customers’ Shopping Carts, but that they have not checked out. If they don’t check out within 15 minutes, as noted above, the promotional discount returns to the pool and will be made available to the first customer in the waitlist.
- There is a status bar on each deal that shows the percentage of deals sold or in Shopping Carts.
Here are some deal previews for Holiday Flurry Deals Week, including the specific category for each day.
- Sunday, Dec. 4 – Sports and Outdoors: Deal preview: Rip 60 Fitness DVD and Trainer Set $79.99 (save $119)
- Monday, Dec. 5 – Video Games: Deal preview: Michael Jackson The Experience $24.99 (save $15)
- Tuesday, Dec. 6 – Tools and Home Improvement: Deal preview: Save over 50% off top-selling power tools
- Wednesday, Dec. 7 – Movies and TV: Deal preview: Save over 60% off thousands of DVDs and Blu-rays
- Thursday, Dec. 8 – Toys and Games: Deal preview: Save 50% off select Melissa and Doug toys
- Friday, Dec. 9 – Electronics: Deal preview: Receive a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card with purchase of select hotspot-ready smartphones (for new lines of service and upgrade customers, two-year contract required)
- Saturday, Dec. 10 – Shoes and Accessories: Deal preview: Pour La Victoire Irina Pump $79 (save $170)
Remember, next Sunday, Dec. 11, Amazon.com will switch to “Top Holiday Deals,” for the rest of the holiday shopping season.