The American Institute of Managements Sciences Research Foundation has three scholarship opportunities available for graduating high school senior in the Baton Rouge area who are interested in pursuing further education education the science technology, engineering and mathematics fields Hundreds of students from schools such as St. Joseph’s Academy, Baton Rouge Magnet High School, Mentorship Academy, Scotlandville Magnet High School, Tara High School, Woodlawn High School have created programs to prepare their student for success in these fields. Indeed, this year, Tara High School’s valedictorian Tracey Victorin, Belaire High School’s John Queen, Jr, and Scotlandville Magnet High School’s Ashleigh Ray earned a Gates Millennium Scholarship; and Tara High School’s Lakendra Taylor was award in Career and Technical Education was awarded Internship Student of the Year. For high school students such as these, the American Institute of Management Sciences states that the goal of their Research Foundation is to:
“provide financial assistance to students who show an aptitude and desire to pursue further education and careers within technical fields,” noted Dr. David Lady, the founder of the scholarship fund. “The scholarships are open to graduating high school students and also first-year, currently enrolled undergraduate students making satisfactory academic progress within a technology or engineering program.”
To qualify for this scholarship opportunity, American Institute of Business Management Services:
- High school GPA of “B” or better as shown on an official transcript from an institution you are attending.
- Year of high school graduation.
- Demonstration that you have excelled in at least one mathematics, engineering or physical sciences, technology course shown on your transcript and a sample graded assignment from that course.
- Two letters of reference, one from your high school principle and one from a mathematics instructor, or engineering/physical sciences instructor, or a technology instructor.
- A 500-word essay describing your higher education plans and goals. The essay will be a primary factor, it should be well written and free of mistakes; should provide an interesting argument for why your plans are what they are; and should identify an issue or problem that you will address once you have completed your education.
To learn more about the American Insititute of Management Sciences Scholarship, visit Masteraims.org