This is a very simple Canna- Cuisine recipe for pumpkin pie. I have adapted a family recipe to offer a gluten free solution, reducing the salt by using Himalayan pink salt and incorporating medical cannabis into the batter. The base recipe works really well and so I only wish to mess with perfection a bit, and you can still make this pie without the cannabis. When baking with medical cannabis it is traditional to adapt a recipe to use Hash oil or Cannabis butter. There are acceptable pumpkin pie recipes that use cannabis butter, however I prefer straight up use of herb and cut back on the fats. The evaporated milk and pie shells already hold a lot of fat. Add a half-cup of cannabis butter and that would increase the fat to 17 grams per 1/2 cup portion. Fine grind your cannabis to a dust and you will not see a difference in the look, but the taste is a different story.A hint of cannabis can be in the aroma just as you cut into the pie, and you will taste that aroma again in the back of your mouth just after you swallow. I like it, some don’t.I like the gluten free pies but you can put this batter in one or two nine-inch deep-dish pie shells (depends on how deep your pie shell is). It is easier to mark your canna-cuisine by breaking it up into doses. It is always recommended that you have a locked space to keep your canna-cuisine.Enjoy this pie all year long. Ingredients
- 1 or 2 deep dish pie shell Omit when using gluten free options
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons fine ground medical cannabis
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Evaporated Milk
- Gluten free option 4 cup Water estimate
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon. Cannabis, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Then continue to bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted near center comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack at room temperature for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Gluten free option Do not use the crust in this pie. The gluten free option will hold true if you read your ingredients in the pumpkin. Some companies add gluten to the canned pumpkin.
Gluten free Directions
Follow the first two directions from above but omit the pie crust. Pour your batter into small non greased coffee cups or even glass canning jars
- ½ cup portions into your chosen dishes
- Place the dishes in a pan with water covering the first quarter inch of the baking container (see photos)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Then continue to bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted near center comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack at room temperature