It’s almost here…the dawn of a new year. A fresh chance to re-adjust dreams, hopes, and goals for the next twelve months. Still don’t have plans to usher in 2012 in a fun and memorable way? It’s not too late to plan an evening to remember, whether or not you will be celebrating with the whole family.
If you have a baby sitter:
· Aqua Turf Club– This annual bash starts at 6:30 pm and will feature hors devours, surf and turf dinner, open bar, dancing, and champagne toast all the way until 1:00am. You can enjoy three different music choices all evening: DJ Anthony and Sound Spectrum Entertainment, Savage Brothers Band, and DJ Keith Alan. Call 621-9335 or visit AquaturfClub.com to find out more. $210 per couple.
· NYE Hartford– Party until sunrise! Hit three of Hartford’s most popular night clubs and historic sites for the price of one admission fee: The Russian Lady, Up or on the Rocks, and the Great Hall at the train station. This won’t-soon-forget event includes three hours of open bar at both clubs, delicious hors devours, live performances by world-renowned DJs, party favors, a live NYE countdown, and continental breakfast at the Great Hall. For more info visit: http://www.clubzone.com/events/496453/hartford/all-other/nye-hartford. Prices vary depending on package.
· Murder on the High Seas– New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery Party at Playhouse on Park in West Hartford. It’s a night to die for! Take part in a murder mystery on a luxury cruise liner and enjoy beer and wine, hors devours, champagne toast, coffee, and dessert. Come dressed in character. To sign up, call 860-523-5900. Price is $55 per person.
If you are home with the kids:
Prefer to stay at home and ring in the New Year with the kiddos (and avoid the first hangover of the year?) Plan an evening that your whole family will enjoy. It’s a great start to 2012.
· Have the kids help put up lots of gaudy decorations. The tackier the better.
· Serve a New Year’s Eve punch sans alcohol.
· Play games that everyone loves as you await midnight. Great ones to get your “guests” revved up are Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase.
· Countdown and watch the ball drop at midnight.
· Toast goodbye to 2011 and hello to 2012 with glasses of sparkling cider.
No matter what you decide to do for New Year’s Eve, keep yourself and others safe by choosing a designated driver ahead of time, spending the night at your destination, or staying home altogether. Have a wonderful kick-off to 2012!