Christmas cookies hold many functions during the holidays; therefore it is absolutely necessary to find the best recipe for your oatmeal raisin cookies. After all, these warm chewy cookies will be given as gifts, devoured by your family and will magically erase all your stress for a few moments. That’s a tall order!
Chewy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by a teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
In Raleigh, you can find fresh baking ingredients at great prices at Food Lion. With locations all over the triangle, you can easily pick up what you need on the way home from work.
Cookies are a staple during the holidays. Make sure to include this amazing recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies in your rotation this year. Bookmark this page as well to enjoy oatmeal raisin cookies any time of the year.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a lodeplus.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Frugal Livingclick hereto subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with lodeplus.com? Click here to link to lodeplus.com and start sharing your knowledge today.