Chocolate chip cookies are year round staple cookies; however during the holidays, they seem just a little bit better. It’s not always easy to find a perfect recipe for anything; therefore when you find one, you share it. This chocolate chip cookie recipe delivers a cookie that is crisp on the edges and moist in the center.
Perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by a large spoonful onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
In Raleigh, you can find fresh baking ingredients at great prices at Food Lion. With locations all over the triangle, you can easily pick up what you need on the way home from work.
Cookies are a staple during the holidays. Make sure to include this perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe in your rotation this year. Bookmark this page as well to enjoy chocolate chip cookies any time of the year.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a lodeplus.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Frugal Livingclick hereto subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with lodeplus.com? Click here to link to lodeplus.com and start sharing your knowledge today.