Most any cookie recipe with almonds in the ingredients will take us back to something our grandmothers made. For some reason, almonds give cookies a touch fancier element than your average Christmas cookie. Well get ready to be sophisticated, because you do not want to miss this fabulous recipe!
Sophisticated almond cookie strips recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat together butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg yolk, vanilla, almond extract and salt.
- Stir in flour and mix well.
- Pat into a 15-1/2-inch by 10- 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Beat egg white till stiff, and then beat in 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Fold in almonds and spread over base.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm.
In Raleigh, you can find fresh baking ingredients at great prices at Food Lion. With locations all over the triangle, you can easily pick up what you need on the way home from work.
If this recipe will make a cookie sophisticated, we should all make sure to make this Christmas cookie this year! It’s a simple recipe for a Christmas cookie that will make you fall in love with almonds.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a lodeplus.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Frugal Livingclick hereto subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with lodeplus.com? Click here to link to lodeplus.com and start sharing your knowledge today.