Merry Christmas everyone, I truly hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. I decided to share my Christmas dinner recipes with everyone or at least some of them. My dinner is starting with baked ham, polish sausage and sauerkraut, creamy mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, green bean casserole and a cool dish of cucumbers.
- One and one half cups packed brown sugar
- Two liters of Venors (two bottles)
- One small can of pineapple slices (for decorating)
- Red cherries (for decorating)
Place ham in deep roaster on a rack. Mix the brown sugar and one bottle of Vernors together and poor over ham. Bake at three hundred and twenty five degrees for approximately two or three hours depending on the size of ham. Baste every hour and add more Vernors if needed.
Creamy mashed potatoes
- Six medium potatoes
- One quarter teaspoon salt
- Three tablespoon butter
- Three or four tablespoons of milk (one at a time)
- Chicken broth or stock
Peel and cube or slice your potatoes and place in a pot with three cups of stock, broth or water. Make sure potatoes are covered completely. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain and mash potatoes and add butter, milk and salt.
- One package Brussels sprouts
- Three slices of bacon cooked crisp and crumbled (reserve dripping0
- Three quarter cup of dried cherries or cranberries.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add Brussels sprouts. Cook on a low heat for fifteen minutes. The sprouts should have a slight texture to them but not mushy. Carefully cut in half and set aside. In a sauté pan add some of the bacon dripping and add the Brussels sprouts to the dripping along with the crumbled bacon. Just lightly coat the Brussels sprouts in the dripping add the dried fruit and serve.
With this much coming out of a kitchen why not relax a little and let someone else bring dessert. Hope everyone has a happy holiday.