Need a good chuckle to get your day started? I’d tell you the one about the Arizona couple who bound their 2-year-old and 10-month-old’s wrists and ankles with duct tape and posted their photos on Facebook, but you probably already heard it. Last week a 21-year-old Chicago man did the same thing to his 1-year-old daughter.
In the most recent iteration, Frankie and Kayla Almuina of Williams, Arizona, took the sick crime a step further, hanging one of their children upside down from a piece of exercise equipment.
The young parents, who are in police custody, insist it was all “a joke,” though members of local law enforcement are not laughing. Commander Rex Gilliland of the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office is on record as saying:
I am shocked and horrified and I will tell you that in 30 years in law enforcement in Arizona this is one of the most horrendous things I have ever seen.
The photos depicted the children’s faces in sheer terror. Clearly you can’t tape another person’s hands and mouth shut. Especially small children. It is clearly child abuse….
Which is charge the Almuinas are facing. Deputies arrested them Wednesday night after a Facebook viewer saw the disturbing images and anonymously called the Arizona Child Abuse Hotline.
Kayla Almuina’s Facebook page (which lists her as a “stay at home mommy and wifey”) is still active, though the nightmarish images appear to have been pulled.
- OH mom confesses to throwing daughter’s corpse out with trash
- HS ‘prank’ tricks teens into making out with their own parent (Video)
- Parents lose custody of son they named Adolf Hitler, two other children
- Gay advocates want NJ teacher fired for anti-gay Facebook postings
- Obese 8-year-old taken from family, placed in foster care
- Father assaults teen winner of fight against his son
- Obesity expert says parents of obese children should lose custody
- Teacher suspended for Facebook comments on NY gay marriage law
- Foster parents found guilty of not openly promoting gay lifestyle
Subscribe at the top of the page to have my articles sent directly to your e-mail inbox. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at email@example.com or by posting a comment below.