The Playground in Santa Ana is hosting their first beer dinner this Friday, and will feature brews from The Bruery paired with…well…the chefs don’t know yet, but considering the restaurant’s declared food philosophy is “whatever comes in that day goes on the menu”, it’s going to be (surprise!-ingly) good.
Dinner starts at 5:00 p.m., ends when the restaurant closes, and in typical Playground fashion all food items are served a la carte, with beers served in a 4-ounce taster per each paired item.
Expect the following on draft for the dinner:
- Mischief Gone Wild
- Smoking Wood
- Four Calling Birds
- Faster, Bigger, Better, Bolder (A Bruery and DFH collaboration)
- Oude Tart, and
- Melange #3
Curious about what’s on The Playground’s menu in the meantime?
Current items include:
- Curried paneer
- Tuna tataki
- Easter egg radish
- Thai chicken noodle salad
- Jerked lobster
- Colorado lamb tenderloin
- Chili Garlic Snow crab (cooked with TAPS’ Cream Ale)
Beers on tap include:
- Ballast Point’s Longfin Lager
- North Coast’s Old No. 38 on nitro
- Port Brewing’s Mongo IPA
- TAPS’ Doppelbock
- The Bruery’s Loakal Red
- Stone’s Vertical Epic
- Bootlegger’s Mint Chocolate Porter, and
- More, both on draft and bottle
Come out, grub down, and support one of Orange County’s newest and most innovative foodie-frenzily-friendly establishments.