For guests who aren’t in the theme parks over Thanksgiving, a quick trip to a local Disney Store might make the start of a holiday shopping vacation sprinkled with pixie dust.
On Nov. 21, Disney Store announced it will celebrate Black Friday as “Magical Friday,” with more than 150 stores opening at midnight on Thursday, Nov. 24 for a Magical Friday.”
As part of “Magical Friday,” Disney Store will offer special deals on some of its most popular toys, lifestyle products and seasonal décor with $10, $15 and $20 price points. Guests who shop between midnight and 10 a.m. on Magical Friday can enjoy a 20 percent store-wide discount, including already-discounted merchandise (some exclusions apply).
Click for a complete list of the Disney Stores opening at midnight for Black Friday. DisneyStore.com will also open at midnight (PST) with its “Magical Friday” deals.
“On Magical Friday we expect more than 1.5 million guests to visit our more than 200 Disney Store locations nationwide to get the best deals on one-of-a-kind Disney holiday merchandise,” said Jim Fielding, president, Disney Stores Worldwide. “This is the fourth year we’re opening stores at midnight to serve guests that are eager to find gifts early, and we’ve stocked our shelves with the greatest collection of gift options featuring a wide assortment of Disney characters fit for every budget. There is something for every kid and for the kid in all of us, and when guests visit Disney Store on Magical Friday they will find a fun and festive atmosphere.”
For guests in New York City over the holiday weekend, the premier Times Square Disney Store will be open on Thanksgiving Day for the first time.
Special Disney Store Black Friday Deals
Wondering what Disney Store is offering for the 2011 holiday season, especially the “Magical Friday” deals?
As part of the extended Thanksgiving holiday shopping weekend, Disney Store will give free Muppet stickers and offer deals on Muppets plush to celebrate the opening of “The Muppets” movie on Nov. 23.
- “Cars 2” Transforming Action Figures: Action figures with hidden special equipment, just waiting to get kids’ engines revving. Choose from Holly Shiftwell, Mater and Lightning McQueen styles.
- Classic Dolls (11″): Kids may re-enact the fairy tales, or tell their own stories, with an Ariel, Belle, Cinderella or The Beast classic doll.
- Disney Figurine Sets: Choose from Disney Fairies, Disney Princess or “Toy Story” figurine sets for worlds of adventure.
- “Cars 2” Siddeley Spy Jet: Master spy Finn McMissile and his crime-fighting partner are ready for some not-so-serious espionage, and Finn can be stored inside Siddely until it’s time for action.
- Magic Mirror Beauty Case: This jeweled beauty case offers a pretty place for dress-up play accessories.
- Kids Sleep Sets: These soft pajamas, featuring various Disney characters, make bedtime comfortable and fun.
- “Cars 2″Remote Control Cars with turbo speed: Disney Store’s exclusive edition “Cars 2” remote control vehicle, tricked out with lights, a turbo speed function for greater high-speed thrills, and 15 phrases. Available in Lightning McQueen, Mater and Finn McMissile.
- Animators’ Collection Princess Toddler Dolls: Family Fun Magazine’s “Toy of the Year” features toddler versions of Disney Princess characters (Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White). As their name suggests, they were created under the guidance of the Walt Disney Animation Studios animators.
- “Toy Story” Talking Action Figures: These “Toy Story” action figures – Buzz, Jessie and Woody – speak some the movies’ famous phrases, taking kids on imaginative flights to infinity and beyond during playtime.
Need other holiday suggestions? Try the Disney Store’s Top 10 holiday list.
All special offers are available while supplies last.
Of special note: Disney Store and DisneyStore.com will donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation for each Mickey and Minnie Mouse holiday plush sold from October 31-December 11, 2011.
Finally, for those whose best Disney holiday shopping trips are virtual, visit DisneyStore.com or a Disney Store App for iOS devices is available. Download the free Disney Store mobile app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch at www.itunes.com/apps/disneystore.
To find a local Disney Store, and confirm store hours, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798.
What’s onyour Disney shopping list this holiday period?
Kungaloosh! Put on your set of ears and join me in stalking the Mouse. Read more of my Disney Travel Examiner articles or sign up for a free subscription.