Reported by Kathy M. Newbern & J.S. Fletcher
We honeymooned in St. Lucia, so whenever news from this unique Caribbean island crosses our desk, it piques our interested. Here’s the latest:
Elite Island Resorts, with beachfront resorts in Antigua, Grenada, Tortola and St. Vincent and the Grenadines, has announced its acquisition of the former Almond Morgan Bay St. Lucia, now renamed Morgan Bay Beach Resort, St. Lucia
“The purchase of Morgan Bay presented a unique opportunity for us to expand our destinations and was the obvious next step for our ever-growing collection,” said Elite Island Resorts President Steven Heydt. “Our understanding of marketing the Caribbean will help re-launch this all-inclusive resort to a greater audience of travelers. Further, Elite’s management expertise in creating an unparalleled all-inclusive vacation will enhance the guest experience on every level. Additionally, the resort’s wealth of offerings and breathtaking surroundings are ideal for our family and value vacation markets. We are confident that we can deliver a superior vacation in St. Lucia while providing excellent value during these challenging times.”
Morgan Bay Beach Resort is set amid 25 acres of colorful hillside gardens tucked into a private cove on the northern coast of St. Lucia. The all-inclusive, beachfront resort features 345 guestrooms and suites, offering stunning ocean and tropical garden views. The well-appointed accommodations span a variety of categories, including one-bedroom suites and family suites. Each offers all the comforts of home paired with uniquely Caribbean décor and excellent, friendly service.
Morgan Bay’s comprehensive all-inclusive program includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and beverages, including all spirits, at four restaurants and five bars. Room service is also available for lunch and dinner. Snacks and refreshments are provided throughout the day while live music and shows entertain guests nightly. A wealth of water sports and land activities are also complimentary: windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, table tennis and more. The resort additionally features four freshwater pools, an adult-supervised kids’ club, four tennis courts, a fitness center and a full-service spa, which is being expanded in late 2012.
For adventurous guests, a variety of off-property excursions can be arranged, including zip lines, jeep safari tours, rainforest treks with sky rides in open-air gondolas and nature encounters with dolphins, whales and more. With so many offerings, Morgan Bay ensures that guests will return home with a full, memorable experience in St. Lucia.
For more info on Morgan Bay Beach Resort in St. Lucia, visit www.morganbayresort.com or call 800-345-0356
Two lucky winners in the YourNovel.com Personalized Romance Writing Contest will be sampling Elite Island Resorts as their prize. Emily Dommershausen of Bedford, MA, wrote “Infectious Love” and chose 7 nights (and up to two rooms) at St. James’s Club & Villas, Antigua, valued at $4,515 as her prize. Sunshine A. Morrison of Portland OR, wrote “The Grape Escape: Romance in Wine Country” and chose 7 nights (and up to two rooms) at The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua, valued at $4,200 as her prize. Both stories will be among 10 winning stories published in Celebrating Romance II, an anthology celebrating YourNovel.com’s 20th year in business. The book is available for pre-order now with $10 off the regular price.
Still time to save; fifth night free: Elite Island Resorts has a special savings offer going on now, but hurry. Travelers who book by January 6, 2012, for travel January 3 through April 14, 2012, will receive the lowest sale rates, plus their fifth night free. Choose from any of the following participating resorts:
• The Verandah Resort & Spa in Antigua with all-inclusive rates starting from $431 per room, per night based on double occupancy:
• St. James’s Club & Villas in Antiguawith all-inclusive rates starting from $462 per room, per night based on double occupancy
• Galley Bay Resort & Spa in Antiguawith all-inclusive rates starting from $618 per room, per night based on double occupancy
• Mount Cinnamon Beach Resort in Grenada with room-only rates starting from $468 per suite, per night based on double occupancy
• LaSource in Grenadawith all-inclusive rates starting from $499 per room, per night based on double occupancy
• Palm Island Resort in St. Vincent and the Grenadineswith all-inclusive rates starting from $568 per room, per night based on double occupancy
• Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas in Tortola, British Virgin Islandswith room-only rates starting from $181 per room, per night based on double occupancy
To book this limited-time offer, visit www.eliteislandresorts.com or call 800-858-4618.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy these:
• More stories by Kathy M. Newbern, Luxury Travel Examiner
• Stories by J.S. Fletcher, International Travel Examiner
• International travel stories by this team
Luxury Travel Examiner Kathy M. Newbern and spouse, J.S. Fletcher, report on luxury destinations, spas and cruising around the globe. They are award-winning members of the Society of American Travel Writers and created YourSpaReport.com and YourNovel.com, their personalized romance novel business.