Although fall starts a little later here in Tampa, it appears that the lovely fall weather has arrived and Tampa fashionistas can finally start wearing the fall trends we have been drooling over since mid-July. Albeit belated, there are some trends to adore incorporate into a year-round wardrobe, and other trends to simply ignore.
Trends to adore:
- Something Sixties – Too young to remember what 60’s fashion looks like? Watch an episode of Pan Am for inspiration. Think sophisticated and lady-like, Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn epitomized the look of the 60’s. Look to the designers Burberry and Chanel for 60’s couture.
- Polka Dot Dress – Polka dots are playful and colorful, yet still chic and classy. Look to Marc Jacobs and Stella McCarthy for designer inspiration.
- White Tuxedo Jacket – Yves Saint Laurent incorporated the white tuxedo jacket in the Fall 2011 show. With the right accessories, a white evening suit be stunning in both summer and winter.
- Bright Pants – Retire the basic black pants for a season and embrace brightly colored pants. Think jewel tones for the fall. Pucci and Thakoon are the designer muses.
- Right Angles – Right angles in strongly contrasting colors are strikingly strong and sexy. Designers featuring these looks are Balenciaga and Narciso Rodriguez.
Trends to ignore:
- Parka over feminine dresses – First, this is Florida. The only time a parka should see the light of day is during a trip up north. This look is terribly mismatched, and not a good look.
- Oversized sweaters and maxi skirts – Don’t give up leggings with a oversized sweater just yet. This look is more bag lady than bellissimo.