The purchase of an automobile is one of the biggest purchases you’ll make in your life. Beyond the financial value, a vehicle value and life commitment is created. The vehicle purchasing experience is always one of extreme variables that all must be considered, condensed, and decided upon in one final moment. This is not a moment when you want to be surrounded by evil sharks!
Listed below is five tips about the car buying process that will arm you with the needed tools to make you a car buying machine. Not susceptible to the evil tactics used by today’s greedy middlemen, prepare to be enlightened!
*Noteworthy information from: “How Not to Get Ripped Off When Buying a Used Car”
- “The Fees” A dealer can charge whatever it wants. These fees can range from as low as $49 all the way up to the $899 range. The simple fact is these fees are just additional profit to the dealer. Don’t pay the dealer these additional fees.
- “Bump and Grind” He says he’s going to go talk to his manager, but he tells a joke instead. Later, he comes back and the price has gone up!
- “Bad Credit” In many cases, bad dealers will misrepresent your ability to be properly financed. For instance, if you have A credit, they’ll tell you that you have B credit thus increasing the price yet again.
- “Life Insurance” The finance manager slips in a Credit Life Insurance policy. “It’s standard,” he explains. One more number on the bill!
- “Keys on the Roof” The sales person explains that the guy who has your keys is at lunch and won’t be back for an hour and his office is locked so you can’t leave yet. “Why not test-drive another car?”We’ve got you now.
That list is crazy, right? To make things worse, there are profiteers abroad that have mastered these five scams into a system of smoke and mirrors designed to fool you into spending more money at every step. I’m always on the lookout for any help that I can get when it comes to buying and selling a vehicle, and I really enjoyed the information noted above. What do you think? Do you have any tips you would like to share? Comment below!