Is keeping within a budget on your ‘to do list’ this holiday season? Will you be searching for the perfect gift for an avid traveler? Don’t forsake quality in order to find an inexpensive gift. Here are 5 items under $50 that will please any travel lover. Better yet, you can avoid the crowd at the mall – all of these items are available on-line.
1) REI Double Shot Press Mug – This is perfect for the coffee lover on the go. Awake and savor a fresh French press brew. The well designed mug is durable, easy to clean, light weight and fits in a standard size car cup holder. Made of stainless steel it is amazingly insulated so coffee or tea stays hot. Regularly priced at $29.95 the mug is perfect for camping, hiking, backpacking, commuting or around the house.
2) Eagle Creek Pack-it Cube – Why would anyone want little suitcases inside their large suitcase? Seems like an extra step until you discover the practicality of the Eagle Creek Pack-it Cube. These cubes are ideal for organization inside the suitcase or backpack. Keep underwear and socks together in one cube. Put t-shirts and shorts in another. The handy cubes make locating items easy without tearing apart the contents of your bag. From $7.95 to $12.50 at REI the cubes come in a variety of sizes and are constructed of lightweight polyester.
3) Magellan’s Nappa RFID Passport Wallet – With passports, credit cards and other ID being embedded with Radio Frequency tags today’s thieves have gone high-tech. The traveler on your list will appreciate this Passport Wallet that protects their identity by shielding RF data. Made of soft leather, the wallet includes a passport pocket, several credit card slots, and a zippered coin pocket and is available in several colors. Priced at $37.50 the peace of mind that comes along with the wallet is priceless.
4) Heys USA eScale – The eScale is an incredibly sensible gift that will prevent headaches at the airport. This digital luggage scale is shaped like a handle and weighs bags up to 100 lbs. The back lit digital read out is easy to read and allows you to weigh bags in advance to assure they’ll make the weigh-in at the airport. Available from Magellan for $24.85 this lightweight convenient item will save $$ in over weight baggage charges.
5) The WineHug – Have you ever tried to bring along that favorite bottle of wine? Or maybe you purchased a special bottle of something on your trip. You can try wrapping it in clothes but do you feel confident it won’t break and ruin the entire contents of your luggage? The WineHug is a self-inflating protective cushion that makes it possible to pack a bottle in your suitcase, backpack or duffle bag without mishap. Made of high quality fabric it comes in two colors and folds small when not in use. When you are ready to place a bottle inside simply pull the valve and it self-inflates to ‘hug’ the bottle. The price ranges from $19.95 to $24.95 and can be purchased on the Dailygrommett.com. Raise a glass and toast upon your arrival!