The good folks at Food Network shared Paula Deen’s secret “Loaded Oatmeal Cookie” recipe Saturday, December 3, 2011, as Day 3 of their “12 Days of Cookies” campaign. As part of a 12-day series, Food Network celebrity chefs rolled up their sleeves and cranked up their ovens in order to get these segments out in time for Christmas baking.
Ina Garten, Alton Brown, Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, Anne Burrell, and many other big name chefs, are busy posting daily recipes for their secret and most popular Christmas cookies; Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe, Gingerbread Cookies, Shortbread Cookies, Snickerdoodles, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Pecan Butter Balls, Chocolate Crackles, Rum Balls, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Thumbprints and many more.
Paula Deen shared with Food Network fans, “Nothing says love and holiday wishes like homemade cookies.”
Not surprisingly, Paula Deen starts off her “Loaded Oatmeal Cookies” recipe with butter. Not only is there butter in the cookies, but Paula tops off the scrumptious sugar cookies with Brown Butter Icing as well! By “LOADED,” Paula means packed with delicious spices and other goodies. The moist oatmeal cookies get their zing from ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Then they’re loaded with raisins, walnuts, and of course, oatmeal. Get Paula Deen’s “Loaded Oatmeal Cookies” recipe here.
Free 12 Days of Cookies Newsletter
If you want to keep up with Food Network’s “12 Days of Cookies” recipes, sign up and receive a new Christmas cookie when they post another recipe. It’s like opening a new present from Food Network chefs every day! Click here for more information.
FOOD NETWORK: Baker’s Doazen Christmas Cookie Recipes Collection
- Day 1: Ina Garten’s Shortbread Cookies
- Day 2: Alton Brown’s Ginger Snaps
- Day 3: Paula Deen’s Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
- Day 4: Melissa d’Arabian’s Delicate Mint Sandwich Holiday Cookies
- Day 5: The Neelys Spiced Gingerbread Piggies
- Day 6: Giada De Laurentis’ Holiday Biscotti
- Day 7: Jeff Mauro’s Cherry White Chocolate Almond Sandwich Cookies
- Day 8: Anne Burrell’s Meringue Cookies
- Day 9: Bobby Flay’s Throwdown Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 10: Sandra Lee’s Macadamia Coconut Cookies
- Day 11: Alex Guarnaschelli’s Dark Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Day 12: Guy Fieri’s Blondie with Dark Roots
- Day 13: Food Network Kitchen’s Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
Source: Food Network
Photo: Donna Diegel