Foster Parents; Educational resources #2 topics of interest. 1 of 3
In this listing, you will find a link to many topics of interest to Foster Parents, your Foster Parents Associations and those seeking to understand the why’s of fostering. Why we do what we do? Why do we reach out to a child who needs us. Possibly the best way to answer that question is to present one of our informative articles entitled Windows to the soul; Part 1 / part 2 / part 3.
- There are two moments in fostering that will always remain in your mind and heart; no one can ever take these moments from you as a foster parent.
The first is when you look into through the windows of the soul into the eyes of this tiny little child and see heartache, pain, sorrow and sadness all this in someone so little, you see a soul lost inside. How does one go about removing this look from these precious little eyes, as a parent you know? The Answer is love, understanding, acceptance, and security.
- The second moment you will remember is when you look into the eyes of this precious little one and you find something missing; the look of hurt, pain, heartache has departed. The windows of this little soul reflect a look of happiness, contentment, love and acceptance.
Here, is another quote from Fostering Is. Part 1 / part 2.
- A foster parents view; “Life is not about the number of breaths you take, but the number of moments that leave you breathless!
- The child’s view; “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going get”
What were you thinking when you read the first quote? When your children were born? There are many times in our lives like the cleverly coined phrase mentioned above, moments that become precious memories to keep, to file away to think about whenever we need a incredible memory to cheer us and know that our lives have made a difference.
Fostering can be precious memories. Fostering love is? What were you thinking when you read the second quote, this is a foster child’s view bewilderment feeling lost and alone.
Windows to the soul; a little child throwing their arms around your neck, learning to trust again, learning to love, knowing that you offer them the love that has been missing in their short little lives is reward enough.
- Helping this child make it through the trauma of having been ripped from parents, from their homes and everything that was familiar to them, this is fostering. Knowing that you are an instrument, a messenger unto this child sharing and reflecting God’s love in your actions and your words, extending your arms out to a child in need, this is fostering 101.
Stay with us to find out where we are heading with this? Subscribe you will be notified when we publish. See below for more resources.