Tammy McCormick felt it in her own skin how incredibly difficult it was to raise her kids as a single mom.
That challenging experience led her to want to help parents and caregivers clothe their children in the most affordable way possible, while at the same time helping charities that also help the raising of children in our society.
According to Tammy, “Being a single mom, I know the struggles you face, finances are tight and that’s why I decided to reach out like this, it’s my way of paying it forward.”
“I was a single mom struggling financially in the 80’s and was not able to dress my son like everyone else, let alone heat our place in the winter. Thank god for ‘uniform’ schools! My son and his wife are very successful now and can provide everything they need for their children, and I had a great 20-year career with SAVE-ON FOODS so I felt it was time to pay it forward now that i am retired.
I found ways to get donations and stock pile until I had enough free inventory to open this store and pass on amazing savings to parents who may be in the same place I was 30 years ago.
It just makes me feel good inside. I will continue to keep these prices so low because my philosophy is — the happier the customers are, the more willing they are to come back , tell their friends , and help us with what their children grow out of. The business will just take care of itself that way.
I send my proceeds to an organization that helps parents in crisis, so it really goes full circle.”
An inspiring business is born
Tammy has just opened an amazing boutique in the Vancouver area that allows you to buy some really great children supplies at super affordable prices.
AND what I think is the most awesome thing about this is that, at the same time you are getting great quality for the least money, the money you ARE spending is going to be donated to great causes.
According to Tammy,
“I have just opened a new charity based thrift store catering to the needs of moms to be , babies and children. This store has everything a mom to be and her children will need at ridiculously affordable prices. Proceeds from the money generated will go to parents in crisis and to help find missing children. All items are worthy of gift giving quality.
Why shop for new when you can shop for “like new” at a fraction of the cost, and help others at the same time?”
THE STORE: Mommy and Me Clothing
ADDRESS: #101 1524 56th st., Tsawwassen, B.C. (located right across the street from dairy queen)
PHONE #: (604) 943-1555
FACEBOOK: LIKE us here
- The boutique is clean and well organized
- Kids play area so you can shop at leisure ( sanitized daily)
- Diaper changing table and baby needs in the washroom
- Spacious change room
- Hand sanitizers at the doors and play area
- Reference materials
- New mommy gift packs (just having a baby will get you a gift pack
What can you buy at Tammy’s store?
Quality gently used:
- Children clothes
- Maternity clothes
- Blankets…… and MORE!
What kind of PRICES should you expect?
- Prices start at 50 cents and go up to mostly 3 dollars
- Maternity wear is mostly 9 dollars
- All proceeds will go back to helping parents in crisis
What happens when you buy at Tammy’s store?
- As a thank you for donating or shopping at Mommy and Me Clothing, your name gets entered in an ‘Original art’ give-away once a month. (spend 30 dollars and enter to win original art work)
- Bring your gently used items to the store or have me come to your home to pick up the items and enter to win a spa gift pack
- Refer 4 friends and enter to win $200 in grocery gift cards ( every 6 months)
Seriously, I am so amazed at what Tammy has done.
This is so awesome.
Please share this with your friends and family — there is a huge chance that they will greatly benefit from this amazing small business.