Who doesn’t love a good New Years celebration? A time for cocktails and reflection, New Year’s Eve parties are a great way to say goodbye to one year and hello to another. Are you planning an end of the year bash? You should! Even though your budget may be shot from the recent holidays, there are still ways to host a fabulous party. With the help of Pier 1 Imports, here are a few awesome ways to throw an end of the year bash. Still need stylish barware and entertaining items? Check out our Pier 1 favs that are all under $30!
The Host’s Guide to New Years Entertaining
(Cocktails and Drinks)
- Make one special drink that can be mixed ahead of time, like a Champagne punch or sangria in pitchers or drink dispensers. It takes the pressure off of you and lets guests help themselves.
- Even if you’re stocking a bar, you can keep it streamlined. Vodka, gin and bourbon are the most common choices for mixed drinks and cocktails.
- Whatever your drink menu, be sure to include non-alcoholic options like sodas, fruit juices and sparkling water.
- Beverage estimates: 1 bottle of wine = 4 servings, 1 bottle of Champagne = 6 servings, 1 fifth bottle = 25 shots; or about 17 mixed drinks. Each guest usually consumes 2-3 drinks during a party’s first hour; 1 drink every hour after that.
- The classic New Year’s Eve party includes a buffet. Three reasons: Almost everything can be prepared ahead of time. Everyone can help themselves. And you get to enjoy your own party.
- A few of your homemade favorites, a few exotic take-out dishes and lots of bowls filled with nuts or olives—that will keep everyone happy and chatty.
- You can estimate that each guest will probably eat 5-6 appetizers per hour. Plan on 2 appetizer plates per guest in addition to Tasting Party™ servers and bowls.
New Years Entertaining Essentials with Pier 1 Imports
- Assorted Gold & Silver Mosaic Barware ($9.95-$29.95)
- Red & Gold Sequin Party Bottle Covers ($10.95 each)
- Bottle Stoppers ($3.08 & $3.95)
- Etched Line Bar Accessories ($19.95-$24.95)
- Recipe Cocktail Shaker ($24.95)
- Assorted Platinum Stripes Stemware ($10.00 each)
- White Divided Serving Dish ($18.00)
- Angled Rim Crackle Stemware ($6.00 each)
- Colorful Mini Shot Glasses – Set of 4 ($16.95)
- Oval Appetizer Plates ($3.50 each)
- Chalk Note Glassware ($3.00-$10.00)
- Rectangle Bar Tray ($26.95)
- Tasting Party Starter Set ($24.95)
- Bamboo Tray with 6 Porcelain Bowls & Spoons ($14.95)
- White Porcelain Riviera Bowl ($6.00)
- Tasting Party Spoon Set ($9.95)
- Bamboo Tray with Porcelain Bowls & Spoons ($19.95)
- Mini Dessert Bowls – Set of 24 ($29.95)
- Amber Crackle Cordial Stemware with Tray ($26.95)
- Gold Lacquer Trays ($8.00 & $12.00)
- Red Double Swirl Glassware ($6.00 each)
- Bubble Flute & Martini ($7.00 each)
Stay up to date on all things design by following our Manhattan Interior Design Examiner page. We are also the National Interior Design Examiner. You can also follow us Twitter, Facebook, and our Blog of course. Click the “Subscribe” button to receive our interior design articles via email. We are on Facebook! Please “like us” for decorating ideas, tips and articles!