A midnight smooch isn’t the only thing that needs to sizzle this New Year’s Eve. Whether you have a date for the occasion or just tend to get your flirt on after a few celebratory champagne flutes, Baltimore Dating Examiner has some tips on turning heads with some red-hot holiday fashion.
· Pretty in pink. Pale pink hues have been making a splash in the fashion world this season. Jennifer Hudson and Carrie Underwood are two starlets who rocked the red carpet in blushing dresses.
· All that glitters. Don’t let the Glitter Ball be the only thing that shimmers this New Year’s Eve! A sparkly silver number is always a win during the holidays.
· Leopard print. Meow! Leopard print may just be our favorite fashion trend of the season. View the slideshow to see ways you can rock this frisky style.
· Bandage dresses. Bandage dresses can be flashy without being trashy. The flirty, formfitting style makes for the perfect party dress.
· Classic black dress. You can’t go wrong with a classic black cocktail dress. Accent the look with flashy gold or silver jewelry.
· All tied up. At the UK premiere of My Week with Marilyn Emma Watson drew awes in a stunning black-and-white ensemble which was cinched together with black ribbon. Ribbon or a simple, slim belt to cinch together a dress or ensemble can be the perfect touch to your holiday fashion.
· Get a little gaudy. On New Year’s Eve, we’re SUPPOSED to get a little wild! Add some more fun to your outfit with flashy accessories like a gaudy jeweled hair clip, smoky, dramatic makeup and—heck—maybe even throw a feathered boa in there!
· Sex up a pant suit. Celebs like Evan Rachel Wood proved that a pant suit can be just as sexy as a cocktail dress with the help of some accessories and a bustier.
· Formal yet tie-less. Taylor Lautner oozed sex appeal by going tie-less and leaving a couple buttons unbuttoned in a sleek black suit.
· Formal with a twist. For the man who wants to get formal during his celebration, wearing a classic suit and tie is always a win. Add some pop to the look by sporting a suit with a deep blue or red shade as opposed to the standard black.
· Lighten up. Wearing a polished white suit like Ryan Reynolds did at a premiere for Green Lantern is sure to turn heads.
· Take a note from James Dean. Since the days of James Dean, leather jackets have been a swoon-worthy addition to a men’s fashion. Musician Ne-Yo added swagger to one outfit by pairing his leather jacket with a jet black fedora.
· Mad for plaid. Have a more laid back affair? A crisp blue plaid button up with slacks is effortlessly sexy.
· Mix and match. Ryan Gosling is one celebrity who is a pro at blending formal and casual chic. Sport a basic white v-neck beneath a black dress jacket and slacks to get the look.
· Talk nerdy to me. Girls DO make passes at guys who wear glasses (Peter Parker anyone? Clark Kent?) Hollywood hunks like Usher and Justin Timberlake have both sported thick-rimmed glasses and bowties at events. Geek chic is in and as a lover of nerds, I couldn’t be happier!
· Warm up. Have an outdoor affair? Warm up fashionably with a newsboy cap like the one shown on Justin Timberlake in the slideshow and/or a scarf like the gray skull-patterned Alexander McQueen often donned by Russell Brand.
Find the perfect date spot in Baltimore!
An article from CBS Baltimore offers up great ideas for the perfect first date. Made Manual also offers a list of the 10 Best First Date Restaurants in Baltimore. Want to peruse other activities in the area? Visit Baltimore.org for information on everything the Maryland city has to offer.