Do you know someone who is need of prayer this week? Perhaps a person you can reach out to that needs a touch from God?
As part of the church body it is important to lift up one another in prayer. Pray is an essential tool in your walk with God.
The angels are waiting to lift the incense bowl of prayers to heaven. Described beautifully as a sweet smell, prayer poured out carries a fragrance to the Father in heaven.
“Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand.” – Revelation 8:3-4
Many pray for their own self-interest. It is human nature to think of self before others. Yet the power of prayer in a believer’s life can impact many. Paul taught the importance of praying for others in Ephesians 1:15-23.
By his example of remembering others in prayer he said, “For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spiritof wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.”
Prayer is an effective witness in the testimony of every believer. Many ask what to pray for or how to pray. The Bible says in Mark 11:24 that “whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Here are 10 prayers every believer can pray.
- Pray for the church family of believers to experience a real sense of worship in each service.
- Pray that hearts and lives would be stirred to change.
- Pray that others would take further steps to walk closer to God, to get to know Him better and build on their relationship.
- Pray for joy to rise in the church, for believers to be excited about what God is doing in their lives.
- Pray that relationships would blossom and that unity would thrive.
- Pray for those who are struggling right now.
- Pray others would be renewed in Christ and that doors would be opened for a breakthrough.
- Pray for a revelation not just for wisdom.
- Pray with others.
- Pray now, pray often.
Why should you pray? Praying the petitions of the heart, and then waiting in trust, grows your faith.