Trying to figure out how to gear up your character for end-game content can be frustrating to say the very least. With an increasing number of addons, resource websites, and theorycrafting forums popping up it can be easier to get a migraine than the sense of direction you seek.
One particularly powerful resource which deserves your attention is Mr. Robot. Among a few other excellent tools, Mr. Robot has a gear optimization tool which is based on solid math which factors in current stat weights of all classes, specs, and items. What gives Mr. Robot the edge over other gear optimizers is it’s ability to factor in things like profession bonuses and item enhancements, while going above and beyond the call of duty with a browser-based, user friendly interface.
With Mr. Robot, you can now figure out exactly what you need to do to prepare your character for end-game content in a few simple steps:
- 1) Open Mr. Robot’s gear optimizer and click “Pick a Character” and enter your region, realm, and the name of the character you wish to review, and click “Load” (Tip: Be sure to enter your character’s name exactly as it is in-game, including special characters)
Now that you’ve retrieved your character profile, you’ll see four sections – “My Gear” in the top left, “Gems, Enchants, Reforges” in the top right, “Options” in the bottom left, and “Stat Weights” in the bottom right.
- 2) In the bottom left “Options” section choose the gear level appropriate for you, make sure everything but the top two boxes are checked, and that the “PvP Gear” drop down says “None” and click the “Apply” button.
- 3) Now click the “Optimize” button at the top of the page to be presented with an optimized version of your character.
- 4) To find armor and weapon upgrades simply click the “…” button beside each item currently equipped.
- 5) Review the highlighted items in the “Gems, Enchants, Reforges” section. Anything highlighted green is already optimal and anything highlighted yellow with a red outline is what you need to change. Simply scroll over to see exactly what gem, enchant, or reforge you should get.
Each time you make changes to your character, log out of the game and click the “Reload” button in Mr. Robot, check your options window again, and optimize again to be sure you’re on the right track. Only make one or two changes at a time to avoid errors and save yourself from wasting gold in case an error was already made. Most importantly, if you aren’t familiar with the math behind your character, never touch anything in the “Stat Weight Editor” tab, though this tab may be used to check your characters soft/hard caps for various stats.