Lafayette residents, if you haven’t heard yet Joy Behar’s job on HLN ends this Friday. It’s her last week of sound bite entertainment news and humor on HLN. If you’ve caught any of her shows this week, she has not remained silent concerning her job loss. She has asked her friend Whoopi Goldberg?
Aren’t we the #2 show on HLN?
Don’t we have great ratings?
What does HLN want?
Her friend and co-host on The View, Whoopi Goldberg, gave her wise advice but did Joy Behar hear it? Her advice was:
Well, Joy, you still have your morning job (The View)?
This translates to:
Stop whining! You’ve got a job for God sakes!
This Examiner has no idea what could be going on in HLN’s mind to let go of Joy Behar, but perhaps they were interested in giving Dr. Drew a job? There appears to be no indication of “Intervention” continuing. Perhaps it isn’t about how good Joy Behar was, but perhaps it was more about the finicky characters of people who watch tv. Every couple of years, people want a “new face” to look at and a “new show” to entertain them. Maybe it isn’t about Joy Behar or HLN, but maybe it’s about what the customer wants? Unfortunately, with the news being given in sound bites people have the tendency to want everything fresh every couple of years including friends, lovers and news as well.
Any who, HLN did the “right thing” in letting go of someone who already has a job! All employers need to look around at their employees and ask themselves, “How many jobs does this person have?” If the person has two jobs, know that you are getting stiffed. The employer is getting stiffed in every department except the “politics” department otherwise they wouldn’t have two jobs. Do employers ever work with the person who has two jobs? Nope! However, discreetly asks the people what it is like working with someone who has two jobs. This has to be done using an anonymous poll.
The person never gives 100%.
The person expects You to do her/his job.
The person instills guilt in others. (This person is so magnanimous. He or she is paying off their too expensive house, too expensive motorcycle, 10 credit cards, 3 ex-wives , their young wife or boyfriend).
This person thinks her/his job is to be your manager. After all, SHE/HE works two jobs, she has to be the manager of at least one! Most jobs require a person to be physical. This person is way less physical than any others.
This person expects extra “favors.” After all, this person works two jobs!
Ad nauseum. Employers get a clue and a conscience. With the unemployment rate being so high, please take a moment and look around at the people you employ that have two jobs. If there is a person that can adequately do that job and that is unemployed, why not hire that person? Everyone needs to start thinking this new philosophy about being less greedy. Joy Behar, you don’t need two jobs. Be grateful you’ve still got one.
Catch Joy on The View, Channel 5 at 10:00 a.m.CST.
- If you would like to receive this article in your email box, click Subscribe link at the top or the Get My Newsletter link at the bottom. If you would like to see more articles by this writer, click here or click the RSS feed button at the bottom. I’m also on Facebook, Digg, Stumbleupon and Twitter. Feel free to share my articles. Email me at Krissie59@yahoo.com for suggestions or questions.
©KrisDuBoisBest, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a lodeplus.com. A link back or a partial story with a link back is permitted.
Suggested by the Author:
- Kansas’ governor, Sam Brownback, doesn’t like snarky Twitter comment from teen
- Justice for Michael Jackson – 2011: Injustice in America
- Shop Local Acadiana – Support Lafayette Louisiana
- Sandusky’s newest victim – a family member
- Jerry Sandusky 10th and 11th victim steps forward
- People’s Sexiest Man Alive Award – Who can it be?
- Ducks rule at Girard Park
- Lafayette ladies thumbs up! Lafayette men ?
- U.L. Film Series : Another Year – a review
- Pretty nails are a Southern Ladies pride and joy