The week after Thanksgiving at Kentucky State Parks means the start of holiday activities. Christmas takes center stage at the parks in December!
Activities at the parks for November 8 – December 4 include:
- Pennyrile Forest will host Senior Bingo Wednesday afternoon. On Saturday park visitors can enjoy a Buffet Dinner and a Visit with Santa 5-8 p.m. Photo ops available. (800) 325-1711
- Audubon Park will be the site of the Henderson County Gifted Students Art Exhibit on Thursday 5:00-6:30 p.m. featuring works from students in 4th and 5th grades. The park invites little ones aged 3-5 to the Tiny Tot’s Holiday Ornaments class on Friday 10:30-11:30 a.m. (270) 827-1893
- Greenbo Lake will present a concert by Steve Free on Friday at 5:00 p.m. The park will host Christmas Open House on Saturday and Sunday from, 9-5 featuring the Jesse Stuart Lodge decorated by the Greenup County Homemakers. (800) 325-0083
- My Old Kentucky Home continues its My Old Kentucky Home Candlelight Tours on Friday and Saturday evenings. (502) 348-3502
- White Hall decorates for A Victorian Christmas with self-guided tours 6-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday. (859) 623-9178
- Jenny Wiley continues Elk Viewing with a daybreak tour on Saturday. (800) 325-0142
- Buckhorn Lake presents Holiday in the Park Saturday beginning at 1:00 p.m. with crafts for the family and a visit from Santa. (800) 325-0058
- Barren River Lake gives visitors a peek into Santa’s House Saturday 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 5-7 p.m. Santa will be there to accept wish lists and to pose for pictures. (800) 325-0057
- Cumberland Falls invites families to see the decorated park from a Holiday Hayride on Saturday 6-9 p.m. (800) 325-1709
- Rough River Dam will host Supper With Santa with children’s activities and crafts and a visit from the big guy on Saturday 6-9 p.m. (800) 325-1713
- General Butler kicks off the season with Festival of Trees and Winter Wonderfest Day Saturday beginning at 8:00 a.m. featuring trees decorated by local schools, churches, organizations, and businesses. Santa will make an appearance at breakfast and an evening concert is planned. (866) 462-8853
- E.P. “Tom” Sawyer invites all to Caching for Clause: The hunt for lost presents Sunday 1-4 p.m. using GPS devices. (502) 429-7270
With 52 state parks in Kentucky, finding something to do at a state park is easy.