This series will feature live reports from Thanksgiving as my family and I travel to The Big Apple for a second year in a row to enjoy the parade and all NYC has to offer!
As Thanksgiving 2011 rapidly approaches, my family and I are getting a head start on the holiday travel rush by leaving Salt Lake City (Utah) today, Saturday, November 19th. Our destination — New York City. We have our luggage checked and we’ve been through security, and, now we’re at the gate, and, I am taking advantage of the time to write my first live report for this trip.
The mood among family and extended family that are joining us is jubilant! Both children and adults are discussing what they want to see and do, and, since this is our second trip to NYC, we’re feeling much more confident about getting around, and, pinpointing what we want to see.
Unfortunately, unlike last year (2010), we will not be able to extend our stay to include the Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Center; however, we have plenty on our agenda to keep us very busy! And, the highlight of the week long trip is attending the Thanksgiving Day Parade! We booked a very special sightseeing package through NYCVP.com that gives us access to the Marriott Marquis on Broadway which has great views of the parade route, and, includes breakfast! If you’d like to learn more about this package please read my article regarding the topic here: http://lodeplus.com/destinations-in-salt-lake-city/staying-warm-and-dry-at-the-thanksgiving-parade-nyc
Please check back often for live reports from me from NYC this entire holiday week. In the meantime, you may find the following trivia a bit interesting.
Quoted from farecompare.com
- Delta has the most nonstop flights between New York, NY and Salt Lake City, UT.
- The smallest aircraft operated by American flying between New York, NY and Salt Lake City, UT is a ERJ with 37 seats.
- The largest aircraft operated by Air Canada flying between New York, NY and Salt Lake City, UT is a 32S with 120 seats.
- Copa has 3 one stop flights between New York, NY and Salt Lake City, UT.
- The shortest flight between New York, NY and Salt Lake City, UT on Copa is 2,606 miles.
- Chicago, IL is the most popular connection for one stop flights between New York, NY and Salt Lake City, UT.
- 125,305 seats are available per day to fly out of New York, NY connecting to Salt Lake City, UT
- 10 airlines operate between New York, NY and Salt Lake City, UT