Well, 2011 has come to a close and we are looking forward to all the wonderful books that we can buy or download on our Kindle or Nook. Here is a preview of some that have made my list of books that I am looking forward to:
- The Wolf Gift by the Queen of Vampires, Anne Rice. This is Anne Rice’s first werewolf book and we have great expectations that this one will be as big of a hit as The Vampire Chronicles. Here is a synopsis from Amazon: The time is the present. The place, the rugged coast of Northern California. A bluff high above the Pacific. A grand mansion full of beauty and tantalizing history set against a towering redwood forest.A young reporter on assignment from the San Francisco Observer . . . An older woman welcoming him into her magnificent family home that he has been sent to write about and that she must sell with some urgency . . . A chance encounter between two unlikely people . . . An idyllic night—shattered by horrific unimaginable violence, the young man inexplicably attacked—bitten—by a beast he cannot see in the rural darkness . . . A violent episode that sets in motion a terrifying yet seductive transformation, as the young man, caught between ecstasy and horror, between embracing who he is evolving into and fearing what he will become, soon experiences the thrill of the wolf gift.
- Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris, book twelve or thirteen of The Sookie Stackhouse Series will continue the tale of Sookie the barmaid. Chapter One can be read in the Sookie Companion and the second chapter can be read on her website here.
- Nice Girls Don’t Bite their Neighbors, book four of The Jane Jameson Series by Molly Harper. Based in Kentucky this funny, romantic mystery is a true gem that many more paranormal readers need to make sure that they read. It tell so f a librarian who dies and wakes up a vampire and has to handle living family, new boyfriend and a ghostly aunt.It is truly one of the best reads this upcoming year. Click here for an excerpt – http://singleundeadfemale.blogspot.com/2011/07/excerpt-from-nice-girls-d…
- Vampire Diaries: Stefan’s Diaries number five inspired by LJ Smith but Ghostwritten by others. We all love the show and we all love LJ Smith’s book so this anticipation is more of a wanting to see how much they changed the writing and the story after the publishers took her characters and books away from her. So let’s see what they did the Stefan and The Vampire Diaries story.
- Under a Vampire Moon number sixteen from the Argeneau Seriesby Lindsey Sands. Christian Notte’s story, the sixteenth book in the Argeneau series is set on an island paradise called St. Lucia. After a bad relationship and an even worse divorce, Carolyn decides to go on a long overdue and much needed vacation with the ‘girls’. Only the rest of the vacationers didn’t get the memo. Around every corner there seems to be another couple celebrating their honeymoon or anniversary and the few single men she does see are far too young to even consider, including an irresistibly attractive rock violinist she meets. It’s really too bad he’s so young but in the end it doesn’t matter because according to his cousin, Giacinta, women in general aren’t Christian’s type. But there’s a catch, Christian needs Carolyn’s help. He needs her to be his beard (to play the part of his fake girlfriend) for the week to appease his ‘machismo’ family. Carolyn just can’t seem to say No and decides to help Gia’s cousin. The only problem is that being around Christian and acting like they are a loving couple is wreaking havoc on her emotions. Carolyn’s thoughts keep drifting back to places they shouldn’t, like kissing his full lips or feeling his broad shoulders under her fingertips… good lord, she’s in trouble
For more articles on Charmed, metaphysics, True Blood, Vampires, Paranormal books, and events please check out my main page here.
Also follow me on Twitter @tenavarney and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bertena.varney