Since I began writing for Examiner, I have become more aware of what is happening around me – not only in Anaheim, but also the entire Orange County cities. The year 2011 is coming to a close, and this year I am more aware of all the festivities being offered for that “special” night – New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31. Check them out and depending where you live, choose the one you would like to attend.
1. Enjoy Reggae music, then come and rock out the night with “Iratation” a Santa Barbara-based band that will be performing at the “House of Blues” 1530 S. Disneyland Drive, Anaheim. They start at 9:00pm, with the cost, to attend, variing from $37.50 -42.50 per person. Contact 714-778-2583 for more details.
2. The DJ’s will spin music all night and there will be a live video “countdown”; a champagne-toast at midnight; and a hugh balloon and confetti drop. All this takes place at the “Heat Ultra Lounge” from 9pm to 1am Dec. 31, at 321 W Katella Ave., Anaheim. There will also be a laser light show and a view of Disneyland’s Fireworks show, contact 877-655-4328 for reservations and information.
3. The sounds of New Orleans, and also the cuisine, can be had at the Jazz Kitchen – 8:15pm to midnight – Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, 1500 S. Disneyland Dr, Anaheim. This year ring in the new year with the foot-tapping music of Kenny, Sara and the Sounds of New Orleans.
4. Ring in the New Year at the Disneyland Resort, 1313 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, where you can also enjoy all the holiday-specific attractions and watch the spectacular fireworks display. This event runs from 8pm to 2am, with ages 10 years and up paying $80 to 150, and ages 3 – 9 years paying $74 – 99 per person. Contact 714-781-4565 for information and tickets.
5. Singles from all over Southern California can celebrate an alcohol free New Years Eve, while enjoying music, games, dancing and snacks at Cal State Fullerton Titan Student Union Building, 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton. The New Year’s Eve Dance party starts at 8pm and goes to 1am; prepaid costs vary, call 714-210-3337 for info and tickets – 21 years and older only.
6. Rock out the old and in with the new at the “Slidebar Rock N Roll Kitchen”, 122 E. Commonwealth Ave, Fullerton. Dinner and table reservations available 10pm ( but they open earlier for dinner). Call 714-871-2233 for info. and reservations. Come before 10pm and get in free.
7. Grab you Gal and come celebrate the New Year’s at an authentic speak-easy, with 1920’s-inspired era music, champagne toasts at midnight, and a menu inspired from the 20’s. Come dressed as your favorite gangster or flapper – costumes are welcome – and there will be lots of surprises. The Cellar, 305 N. Harbor Blvd., Fullerton opens at 8:30pm and goes to 1am. Costs start at 80.00 per person or $320.00 for a table of four – call 714-525-5682 to get your reservation and more info or visit http://www.opentable.com/the-cellar-fullerton-ca
There’s lots more New Years Eve events in and around Orange County, check them out at the Orange County Register Dec. 25th Sunday paper.