Your New Year’s Eve party will be complete with this amazing caramelized onion dip recipe. This dip recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until the party gets rolling.
Caramelized Onion Dip recipe
- 1 Tb Unsalted butter
- 1/8 ts Tabasco sauce
- 1 ts Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 ts Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise
- 1/2 c Sour cream
- Large red onion, sliced
- 1 Tb Peanut oil
- Sauté onion in butter and oil until caramelized (golden brown), about 20 minutes.
- Cool and combine the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers or chips. (Baked pita triangles are fabulous with this dip)
Author’s note: Please ignore any hyperlinks that are not also in bold font; they are auto-links and beyond my control. Such links may not offer related, quality content and they have not been placed or approved by me.
In Raleigh, you can find fresh baking ingredients at great prices at Food Lion. With locations all over the triangle, you can easily pick up what you need on the way home from work.
Why settle for the same old French onion dip? This caramelized onion dip recipe has spectacular flavor and is easy to make. New Year’s Eve is the time to bring out your best dishes for your guests, so make sure this onion dip is on your New Year’s Eve party buffet table.
Happy New Year!
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a lodeplus.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Frugal Livingclick hereto subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with lodeplus.com? Click here to link to lodeplus.com and start sharing your knowledge today.