Common 2011 New Year’s Resolution’s such as “lose weight”, “work harder to make more money”, and “be nicer to my parent’s” should also include your grocery buying and eating habits.
- Grocery resolution I: Eat more leftovers
- Grocery resolution II: Spend less money on food (hard to do on Long Island!)
- Grocery resolution III: Eat more super-foods
- Grocery resolution IV: Try something new
Grocery resolution V: Have your friends and family over for a meal
Nothing says “you care” more than extending yourself, opening up your home and having people share a meal or a snack. Make it elaborate. Make it simple. Go for expensive items. Do it on the cheap. Prepare it all. Cater it all. However you do it, it will not go unnoticed. Bonus: you don’t need to drive home!
This year, make a resolution to slow down, laugh more, savor your food more and share more.
Here are some menu and cocktail party suggestions made in the past:
- A British Cocktail Party
- Cheese Boards… tips and suggestions for everyone
- A Mad Men Cocktail and Canape Party
- A Flipping Out Burrito Party
- Elegant Sliced Ham Buffet
- Bagel and Lox Spread
To all… Have a Happy, Healthy, Safe and Delicious New Year. Eat well!
Please consider….Scrolling down to the bottom of this page……
Would you like to be the FIRST to see recipes and other great grocery info?
SUBSCRIBE, spam-free to the Long Island Grocery Examiner next to the profile picture above.
Do you you have a new product you would like to share? PleaseCOMMENT BELOW at the very end of this article and be sure to check for helpful Slide Shows or email me at
Take this survey to name and promote your favorite Long Island Food Stores
- Long Island Grocery Stores, including specialty shops and those that deliver
- Grocery 101: Holiday Essentials
- Where to locate farm raised poultry on Long Island
- Where to purchase Prime Dry Age Meats on Long Island
- Where to purchase & how to pick a lobster ( + other seafood) on Long Island
- Grocery 101: Basic Staples Lists
- Essential Store able Groceries for Emergency Weather Conditions