This time of year nearly everyone is thinking about how they can make 2012 better than 2011. Some people join a gym or commit to a new exercise routine, they vow to eat healthier and make more ‘me’ time. Some people say they will get around to all of the household projects that were on last year’s list.
Well here are some suggestions for resolutions your can make for your home:
- Get Organized! Stores are going to have all of their organizing bins, baskets, and boxes on sale or clearance now thru the next two weeks. Be sure to grab up a bunch and organize a closet or storage room. Having a rhyme and reason to your storage spaces really helps put your mind at ease… and not to mention, it’s great to know exactly where to look when you’re trying to find something!
- Save on energy bills. Now is a great time to switch out your bulbs for energy-savers, turn down your water heater a degree or two, and program your thermostat. These little changes don’t seem like much, but over time, they are a great way to save a little green!
- Clear out the clutter. Set aside an afternoon and sort through your clutter. There are lots of places around the Twin Cities that accept donations; Bridging can pick up your donations, while Goodwill locations, Arc Value Village locations, The Reuse Center all accept drop offs. Clear out your cabinets and closets and help make a difference to someone less fortunate!
- Refresh your linens. New sheets and towels make a world of difference. After you donate or recycle your gently used items, stock up on new linens. A crisp set of white sheets and some fluffy towels might be all your bedroom and bathroom needs to feel refreshed!
- Get out your paint brush. New color on the walls breathes new life into a space. Color theory is an interesting thing – you can control the feel and energy of the room just by the color on the walls.
What other resolutions are on your list for 2012?