Ultra-Creamy NY Style Cheesecake baked on a graham cracker crust, and topped with sour cream topping and fresh strawberries. Beautiful cheesecake that’s perfect for holidays, to serve to company, or make it for just yourself! Don’t like strawberries? Vary the toppings with blueberries, raspberries, cherries, or try drizzling it with decadent chocolate ganache. You can also arrange the fresh strawberries on top of the cheesecake without the jelly.
Ingredients: New York Style Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cup ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
Ultra-Creamy Cheesecake Filling
- 4 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pan of hot water in bottom of oven.
- Prepare 9-inch springform pan by lining the bottom plate with aluminum foil, then reassembling the pan. Pull the excess foil up and around the pan to prevent any batter from leaking into the oven. Spray sides and bottom with vegetable spray.
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor or crush very fine with a rolling pin.
- Mix crust ingredients and pat only on the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides.
- Add sugar and cornstarch and beat again, scraping a few times. The mixture should be smooth.
- Add vanilla, eggs and egg whites 1 at a time. Beat until creamy.
- Slowly add the cream and beat only enough so there are no lumps and the filling is nice and fluffy. Scrape as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
- Sour cream topping optional, see below.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Serves 12-14
Sour Cream Topping (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- When cheesecake comes out of the oven, carefully pour sour cream mixture on top of cheesecake.
- Return cheesecake to oven immediately and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until set.
Fresh Strawberry Topping
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 cups seedless strawberry jelly, apricot jelly or currant jelly
- This cheesecake calls for only the most beautiful, red-ripe strawberries you can find.
- Make sure cheesecake is completely chilled.
- Pat whole strawberries dry with paper towel. Stand up, cut side down.
- Heat jelly or glaze until runny, not too hot.
- Carefully spoon or brush glaze over strawberries.
- Return to fridge to chill before slicing.
Shopping for Ingredients in Rhode Island
You should be able to find everything you need for this Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe at Whole Foods Market, Dave’s Marketplace, and Stop & Shop stores throughout the Providence, Rhode Island area. Many Rhode Island’s Farmers’ markets also sell ripe juicy home-grown strawberries in the summer season.
Click the SUBSCRIBE button above to receive spam-free email alerts and never miss a recipe! Check out my blog, Spatulas & Corkscrews for more delicious recipes, reviews & giveaways! Follow Spatulas_Corks on Twitter!
The copyright of the article New York style strawberry cheesecake recipe with graham cracker crust, and photographs, are owned by Donna Diegel. Permission to republish in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.