The following holiday events are scheduled from Dec 3 through Dec 10:
- Dec 3: Holiday Doo Wop Concert featuring Herb Cox and The Cleftones at Count Basie Theatre, 7:30 p.m.
- Dec 3 and 4: Scrooge – A Christmas Carol at the Strand Theater in Lakewood, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Dec 3 and 2 p.m. only on Dec 4
- Dec 3: Toms River Christmas Tree Lighting at the Toms River Town Hall Courtyard from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Dec 3: Free Horse and Carriage rides from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Red Bank; two locations: Bridge Avenue across from The Galleria and Broad Street in front of Murphy Style Grill
- Dec 4: Middletown’s Holiday Extravaganza featuring Tuba Christmas to be held at the Middletown Arts Center by the train station; festivities begin at 5 pm and include the tree lighting
- Dec 4 & 5: The 11th Annual Winter Holiday Festival in Basking Ridge from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dec 5 & 6: Winnie the Pooh Christmas Carol at Monmouth University’s Pollak Theatre at 2 p.m. on Dec 5 and 10:30 a.m. on Dec 6
- Dec 10: Nutcracker Ballet performed by the Company of Dance Arts at Count Basie Theatre, 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Dec 10: Holiday Train Ride with Santa in Middletown at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. To reserve, call 732-615-2260
- Through Dec 24: Irving Berlin’s White Christmas at the Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn
- Dec 8 – Dec 11: Scrooge at the Paramount Theatre on the Asbury Park Boardwalk
- Dec 4 – Dec 24: A Christmas Carol at the McCarter Theatre in Princeton
- Through Dec 18: Pictures with Santa on Saturdays and Sundays at The Galleria, noon – 4 p.m.
- Through Dec 24: Saturdays only; Holiday Harmonies from noon to 3 p.m. thoughout the Red Bank Business District