This week is “Bedlam Week” as the Oklahoma State Cowboys get ready to face arch-rival Oklahoma in a home football game Saturday. There will be tremendous buildup as always to this game, and even more is riding on it this year.
The Cowboys have already clinched at least a tie for the Big 12 championship in football. A win over the Sooners Saturday would give them the title outright. The Cowboyos’ national title aspirations were dealt a heavy blow when they lost to Iowa State week before last. The Cowboys still have a slight chance of getting to the title game. A strong win by the Cowboys Saturday, and either a loss or a sluggish performance by LSU in the SEC title game, could put the Cowboys into the No. 2 spot. There is also the slight chance that voters would be against a rematch between LSU and Bama, and that could elevate the Cowboys.
The most likely scenario is still an LSU vs. Bama rematch for the national title game, but there is still a small hope.
Also this week the women’s basksetball team returns to action, hosting Alcorn State Tuesday, Nov. 29. This will be the second game since the tragic loss of their coach in an airplane crash.
Here is a complete list of this week’s sports calendar at OSU.
- Tuesday 7 p.m. Cowgirl Basketball vs. Alcorn State
- Wednesday 7 p.m. Cowboy Basketball vs. Tulsa
- Thursday 7:30 p.m. High school football: 6A state championship game (Broken Arrow vs. Union)
- Friday 11 a.m. High school football: 5A state championship game (Lawton Mac vs. Guthrie)
- 7:30 p.m. High school football 4A state championship game (Clinton vs. Wagoner)
- Saturday 7 p.m. Bedlam Football
- Sunday 1 p.m. Cowboy Wrestling vs. Minnesota
- Sunday 5 p.m. Cowboy Basketball vs. Langston