2011 is almost behind us and it doesn’t matter if you find yourself in the 99 or 1 percent, it’s beneficial to take time for yourself to get calm and centered to prepare for the new year.
To get your body and mind ready for a positive start here are a few health and wellness tips.
- Start with a relaxing bath with Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Bath and Shower Gel, and fill your tub with the scents of vetivert, camomile, and sandalwood to prepare you for some me time.
- Remove the traces of 2011 along with dead skin and clogged pores on your face with Molton Brown Gentle Refine Papain Exfoliator.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate your lips with Fresh Sugar Lip Polish made with actual brown sugar to exfoliate and condition.
- Moisturize is the next step with Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair to soften the skin and fill in fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
- Don’t forget the rest of your body with Laura Mercier Body Butter in Almond Coconut made with soothing Shea Butter and Aloe Vera.
- Take care of the gentle skin around your eye with NARS nourishing eye cream. Remember not to use too much of the product and to carefully place the cream on skin right below your eyebrow and about an inch below your eye.
- While your in this destress mode go off-line. After you have showered, scrubbed and pampered your body, take care of your spirit. Reacquaint yourself with a favorite magazine, a new book or an old favorite that you love to re-read. Better yet, call and speak to a friend you haven’t spoke to in a while or call a beloved family member; and don’t worry Facebook isn’t going anywhere. Remember, it’s the people who you can rely on to pick up the phone when you have a problem at 3:00 AM in the morning and those relationships need to be carefully nurtured.
You have now prepared yourself for some ultimate relaxation so take a little nap before you head out to welcome the new year and turn the word ‘party’ into a verb.
In case you new some ideas to wear the perfect outfit for your New Year’s Eve party at the Roaring 20’s party at Lincoln or the Mad Men party in Hudson in DC and style yourself like like Sandra Bullock or Angelina Jolie or want to fix your hair with a hot French Braid as favored by Scarlett Johansson I have some great articles for you to read.
Happy New Year!
May you welcome 2012 in style and please don’t forget to visit my column for the latest beauty and style news.