Does the Post Office deliver mail on Veterans Day? No, they don’t. The USPS reports they are closed Veterans Day 2011.
This year, Veterans Day falls on Friday, November 11, 2011. Because Veterans Day is a federal holiday, all post offices in the Providence, Rhode Island area are closed.
In a Veterans Day Message from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), President Barack Obama has been clear:
“America’s commitments to its Veterans are bonds that are sacrosanct-a sacred trust we are honor bound to uphold.” News.lalate.com also reports the post office is not open on Veterans Day 2011.
The US Post Office is Closed in Rhode Island on Veterans Day 2011
According to the USPS – There is No United States Mail Delivery on Veterans Day, Friday, November 11, 2011. Veterans Day is also a U.S. Postal Holiday, and all U.S Post Offices are closed for business. This includes not only mail delivery to your Rhode Island residence or business, but also local post office lobby hours as well.
Providence, Rhode Island area postal customers will have to wait until the local post office opens again on Monday, November 14th to conduct business. Mail delivery will also resume on Monday as well. Call 1-800-ASK-USPS if you need help. Below is a list of the ten (10) U.S. federal or postal holidays for 2011 as Stated by the USPS.com Website.
Veterans Day quotes, sayings, poems and song say Thank You Veterans
2011 Postal Holidays: No Mail Delivery on these Holidays
Friday, January 1, 2011 – New Year’s Day
Monday, January 17, 2011 – Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday
Monday, February 21, 2011 – Washington’s Birthday (President’s Day)
Monday, May 30, 2011 – Memorial Day
Monday, July 4, 2011 – Independence Day
Monday, September 5, 2011 – Labor Day
Monday, October 10, 2011 – Columbus Day
Thursday, November 11, 2011 – Veterans Day
Thursday, November 24, 2011 – Thanksgiving Day
Monday, December 26, 2011 – Christmas Day (observed)
Monday, January 2, 2012 – New Year’s Day (observed
Other Delivery Services – United Parcel Service (UPS) reports that they are open on Veterans Day, November 11th. Federal Express and other smaller companies are open on Veterans Day as well, but check first just to be sure.
Check Out These Veterans Day Freebies and Military Discounts!
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: T’s Restaurant free military breakfast
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Applebee’s meal for vets, military
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Chili’s free meal deal for military
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Uno’s Chicago Grill military discount
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Outback Steakhouse Bloomin’ Onion
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: T.G.I. Friday’s BOGO free meal
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Hooters wings for vets, military
- Veterans Day 2011 Restaurant freebies: Free Texas Roadhouse lunch menu entree
Photo: U.S. Post Office postage stamp; George Washington, 1966 by Gwillhickers. Public Domain. Wikimedia Commons