Atlanta is a huge metropolitan city and has many, many shopping areas like Lenox Square, The Mall of Georgia as well as numerous smaller shopping malls like Southlake, Shannon Mall, and Greenbriar which requires travel and parking.
While not all neighborhoods have the convenience of a shopping area, many do like the Pavilion here in Fayette County. Then there are some out of the way places for the outlets like Tanger Outlet in Locust Grove.
Many find it more convenient to shop at a local drug company store like Wal-Greens for smaller items that can be picked up quickly.
But nothing is as convenient and quick as shopping online. The Monday after Thanksgiving is known as Cyber-Monday. Folks have to go back to work after the long holiday weekend; and yet most are still not finished with their shopping – so they turn to their computer.
Seeing the success of Black Friday, large and small companies alike, have seized the day and are offering great deals online as well. Amazon, Wal-Mart, and JC Penney, and Sears are but a few who are going to help their bottom line by going both ways.
There are certainly advantages to actually being in the mall to pick out your merchandise; but there are also a lot of advantages to shopping on line; but even then there are some drawbacks.
1) You don’t have to leave your home.
2) You don’t have to face the weather
3) You don’t have to walk a hundred miles
4) You don’t have to worry about people robbing you or stealing your purse
5) You don’t have to stand in line to pay for your purchases
6) You don’t have to contend with rude shoppers and/rude sales people
7) You don’t have to pay for the extra gas
8) You don’t have to get in traffic
9) You don’t have to ride for miles around the mall looking for a place to park
10) You don’t have to carry your packages
11) You don’t have to stop and buy lunch or dinner
12) You don’t have to get a baby sitter
13) You don’t have to worry about shopping alone
14) You can run the dishwasher, washer, or dryer while you are shopping
15) You can listen to the news/TV/radio while you are shopping
16) You can be spared all those cold and flu germs from the crowds
17) You can avoid being exhausted when you are finished
18)) you can find sizes without going through all the racks
19) You can save time for cooking and decorating and other holiday chores
20) You can have a larger variety of items to choose from
21) You can stop on the way home from work and run in and out of a special shop
22) You will need to go into the stores to buy gift cards at smaller stores who do not use online shopping
23) You can at some stores like Wal-Mart for gifts and groceries on the same trip
24) You can pick up extras like tape, wrapping paper, gift bags, etc. while you are in the store.
1) You can’t take the kids to the computer to see Santa and have their photo made
2) You can’t enjoy the decorations in the stores
3) You can’t run into old friends shopping you haven’t seen in years
4) You can’t try on those shoes and jackets
5) You can’t feel the fabric
6) You can’t really tell what that shirt, dress, or tie will really look like
7) You can’t depend on the store not running out of the item you ordered
8) You can’t always know if your items will be put on back order – after Christmas
9) You will find that it takes a lot more to return an item purchases online
10) You won’t have the advantage of the receiver returning their gift
11) You can’t assure a good fit in the length of things
12) You can’t be assured that your packages won’t get lost or damaged in transit
13) You can’t see the one day or times sales offered in the stores
14) You won’t have the same feeling of Christmas in the air that you do in the mall
15) You can’t always make up your mind about those hard to shop for folks
16) You might get carried away and order more expensive things
17) You might get carried away and order more than you can afford
18) You might run up your credit cards – it is not like spending in the store. The bill comes later
19) You won’t get the exercise you get from foot shopping
20) You just won’t have as much fun as you do when you get out in the crowd and take in the sights and sounds of Christmas.
21) Those who are ill or disabled will find shopping online a great alternative
22) Those who cannot drive will also find this a way to get that shopping done.
23) Those who work the hours the stores are open will find an advantage to the 24/7 shopping online.
24) You can avoid having to bring things in from the car to unload and hide since they are shipped and already in boxes.
Greenbriar Mall http://www.n-georgia.com/greenbriar-mall.html
Southlake Mall http://www.southlakemall.com/
Lenox Square http://www.buckhead.net/lenoxsquare/
The Mall of Georgia http://www.simon.com/mall/?id=208
The Pavilion of Fayette: No web site found for whole shopping center – you have to key in each store – like Party City – Pavilion Fayetteville, Georgia.