Looking for a quick, easy and tasty snack to serve at your holiday party? Chocolate pistachio crunch snacks are pefect for Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa or New Year’s Eve. The Buffalo Cooking Examiner recently had the opportunity to sample Old London Sea Salt flavored Melba Snacks. They are crunchy, not too salty, with the texture and crunch of a tasty crouton, and the thinness of a cracker.
- Enter to win an Old London Prize Pack from the Buffalo Cooking Examiner
Old London provided us with some great recipes using Melba Snacks, and we recently taste tested their chocolate pistachio crunch snacks recipe. Salty, sweet and crunchy, the chocolate pistachio crunch snacks are easy to make and very pleasing to the palate.
Western New York shoppers can find Old London Melba Snacks at the following local retailers for approximately $2 per box:
- Lexington Co-op (807 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo 886-COOP)
- Budwey’s Markets (3 locations in WNY; visit website for location nearest you)
- Tops Markets (visit website for location nearest you)
- Wegmans (visit website for location nearest you)
Old London chocolate pistachio crunch snacks recipe (source: Old London Melba Snacks)
- 4 cups (two 12 ounce packages) semisweet chocolate chips (not milk chocolate)
- 1 box Old London Melba Snacks, Sea Salt flavor
- 1 cup of pistachios, chopped and toasted
- Stir chocolate in large bowl set over saucepan of boiling water until melted and smooth making sure that water does not touch bowl and that the chocolate does not get too hot.
- Remove from over water.
- Dip Old London Sea Salt flavor Melba Toast into melted chocolate to cover half the Melba Snack.
- Gently shake off excess chocolate.
- Place on baking sheet and quickly sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- Yield: about 40 snacks
Want more holiday recipes, decorating ideas and celebration tips? Click the SUBSCRIBE link, found at the top of each Buffalo Cooking Examiner’s article.
Get more ideas for your Holiday celebrations from theBuffalo Family Holidays Examiner
Get money-saving tips for a frugal Holiday season from the Buffalo Frugal Living Examiner
All articles, recipes, recipe notes and adaptations (and photographs, where applicable) are under copyright and cannot be copied or reposted without prior written consent by the author. Partial reposting is permitted with a link back to the original article. For consent, questions or comments email firstname.lastname@example.org