It’s the last weekend of 2011, and what better way to ring in the New Year than with a rock show.
Highlights: New Year’s Eve (12/31):
– Patti Smith has been doing her annual Bowery Ballroom shows since Thursday. All shows are sold out, but if you’re lucky, there may still be some tickets at the door.
– Matt & Kim will be playing the Hammerstein Ballroom with Super Mash Bros. Also with Body Language.
– Gogol Bordello will be filling Terminal 5 with their brand of gypsy punk. Debo Band will open the show.
– Dance into the 2012 with Fitz and the Tantrums at Gramercy Theatre.
– Phish will be finishing their sold out four night run at Madison Square Garden just in time for the ball to drop. If you can’t get in, you can also watch the shows (for a price) via a live webcast.
More: – Assembly of Dust @ Mercury Lounge w/ Jason Crosby, Lucy Chapin
-Dark Star Orchestra @ Wellmont Theatre
– Budos Band/Charles Bradley and His Extraordinaires @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
– Gentlemen Hall @ Pianos NYC w/ Atomic Tom, McAlister Drive
– The Fleshtones @ Bowery Electric w/ The Waldos, Walter Lure of Johnny Thunder
– Gov’t Mule @ Beacon Theatre
Highlight: New Year’s Day (1/1):
-Start off 2012 the right way with a little punk when Leftover Crack plays Music Hall of Williamsburg w/ (A) Truth, Morgan O’Kane, and Wound on Sunday night.
More: -Big Shot @ B.B. Kings
Happy New Year!