Cyber Monday made its debut on November 28, 2005 in a Shop.org press release entitled ‘Cyber Monday’ Quickly Becoming One of the Biggest Online Shopping Days of the Year. Cyber Monday is a marketing term for the Monday immediately following Black Friday, the Friday following Thanksgiving Day, initially created by companies to persuade people to shop online. According to the Shop.org/BizRate Research eHoliday Mood Study, “77 percent of online retailers said that their sales increased substantially on the Monday after Thanksgiving, a trend that is driving serious online discounts and promotions on Cyber Monday. The marketing strategy was (in 2005) and is today, to encouraged shoppers to buy holiday presents using the quick and easy convenience of shopping by the click of a mouse. Hopefully, encouraging more online shopping throughout the year. The idea has gained popularity in the U.S. and in other countries as well, including the United Kingdom and Canada.
While you’re shopping, don’t forget to buy new books for the children in your life.
- A Christmas Carol (picture book edition) by Charles Dickens and Brett Helquist
- The Sweet Smell of Christmas (Scented Storybook) by Patricia M. Scarry and J.P. Miller
- Christmas in New York: A Pop-Up Book by Chuck Fischer
- Something for Christmas (New York Review Children’s Collection) by Palmer Brown
- Christmas in New Orleans by Peggy Scott Laborde and John Magill
- Humphrey’s First Christmas (Religion Beliefs General Inter) by Carol Heyer
- I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles by Jean Marzollo and Walter Wick
- Home for Christmas by Jan Brett
- Pippi’s After-Christmas Party (Picture Puffins) by Astrid Lindgren and Michael Chesworth
- The Magical Christmas Horse by Mary Higgins Clark and Wendell Minor
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree by Robert E. Barry
- The First Christmas: A Changing-Picture Book by Traditional and Sophy Williams
- A Very Marley Christmas by John Grogan and Richard Cowdrey
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
- Merry Christmas, Ollie (Gossie & Friends) by Olivier Dunrea
- Christmas Around the World by Mary D. Lankford, Karen Dugan and Irene Norman
- Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner
- Twelve Hidden Days of Christmas by Macky Pamintuan
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Around the World: A Pop-Up Book by Chuck Fischer
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Pop-Up Edition (Peanuts) by Running Press
- The First Christmas by Carol Heyer
- The Twelve Days of Christmas : A Pop-Up Celebration by Robert Sabuda
…and so many more, Visit http://www.amazon.com/ for a complete list.
See Slide show and Video for Cyber shopping safety.