Hey, Atlanta, it’s time to play in the snow again! Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Park in northeast Atlanta officially opened Thanksgiving weekend (after a brief weather delay) for the 2011 holiday season. Snow Mountain is Atlanta’s only real-life snow park and features a ton of family-fun adventures including:
- Tube Racers 400-foot tubing hill – Slide down Stone Mountain Park’s famous Laser Lawn on fresh powder! Snow Mountain’s signature tube racing attraction is a snow adventure for your entire family. No previous experience or expensive equipment required. And with two Mountain SnoLifts to get you up the 400-foot hill, you’ll want to ride again and again. No outside equipment is allowed.
- Snow Zone – A 30,000 sq. ft. winter playland with acres of snow. Play zones include Igloo City, Snowman Valley and a Snowball Shooting Gallery.
- Little Angels area – Designed for kids 3 and under, the Little Angels area is fun for the smallest snow bunnies.
- Snodeck – Watch the action with family and friends. Find your favorite warm and cold drinks and pair it with a hot dog. Take a break from the tubing action or watch snowmen come to life.
- Snofire Point – Cozy up to the warmth of a roaring bonfire, and make your own S’mores.
Double your winter fun and save!
Save up to $10 a person with a Stone Mountain Christmas and Snow Mountain combo ticket. NEW for this season – Combo tickets allow you the option to do Snow Mountain on one day and Christmas on another. Now you can enjoy both events at your pace! Combo ticket must be redeemed by January 1, 2012.
Your combo ticket includes admission to:
- Two-hour tubing session on Snow Mountain
- All-day access to Snow Mountain’s snow play area, the Snow Zone
- All-access to Stone Mountain Christmas special attractions
- PLUS, daytime admission to Summit Skyride, Antebellum Plantation and Discovering Stone Mountain Museum
Cost of Stone Mountain Christmas/Snow Mountain Combo Passes:
- Free for Mountain Members Plus
- $17 for Mountain members
- $44 for adults and kids over 3
For the best value – Save 30% on Tickets with the Combo Family Value Pass. Includes everything above plus a meal at one of four restaurants at the park (Granite Café, Marketplace, Honeybaked Ham, Showtime Snacks), plus unlimited hot chocolate. Minimum purchase of four tickets required. Price is $49.75 per person plus tax. Go to stonemountain.com to purchase your tickets online.
Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Park is open on Saturdays and Sundays through December 17, and then daily from December 18th-January 2nd. After that, Snow Mountain is open on weekends only through closing day – February 4, 2012.
Visitor Tips: The snow at Snow Mountain is real; so it will be wet, cold and slippery. Be sure to wear warm, water-resistant clothes, including gloves, boots and hats. Layering is recommended. Bring an extra change of dry clothes, and store it in a rented locker. This is very important to ensure a warm, sane trip home.
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Do you have a story idea? I’d love to hear from you! E-mail your ideas to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.