Friday, November 25th, Clevelanders and all North East Ohio residents can begin to enjoy Snowdays at Progressive Field.
“Last winter, Indians Snow Days allowed over 50,000 Indians fans to create memories with their families,” said Indians President MARK SHAPIRO. “We are excited that the return of Indians Snow Days and the addition of the Frozen Diamond Faceoff will allow even more fans to create wintertime memories at Progressive Field.”
Indians Snow Days will be open to the public each weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) beginning November 25 through January 16 while Cleveland-area public schools are in session and open seven-days-a-week during the holiday period of December 16 – January 2
Gather your family for some good ole’ winter fun and choose from several events:
- The Batterhorn (Snow Tubing) – Presented by the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA)-8-lane snow tubing hill on top of Toyota Home Run Porch in left field stretching over 200 feet to the field. Kids height requirement: 36 inches or taller.
- The Frozen Mile (Ice Skating) – Ice skating track around the outfield, the first non-symmetrical ice skating path in the United States.
- The Frozen Diamond (Ice Skating) – Regulation-sized (200′ x 85′) ice skating rink on the infield at Progressive Field, covering home plate and stretching down the first base line.
- The Rookie Rink (Ice Skating) – Small rink (60′ x 32′) for beginning skaters adjacent to The Frozen Mile in left field
From the Snow Days website, INFO BEFORE YOU GO…
- WAIVERS: Waivers required for all attendees. All attendees must sign a participant waiver of liability and participants under the age of 18 must provide a signed waiver from their Parent or Legal Guardian. Each completed waiver is only good for one day so repeat visitors will have to complete a waiver for each day that they attend.
- AGES and HEIGHTS: Attendees must be over 36 inches tall to snow tube on The Batterhorn presented by RTA. Children 2 years old and younger are admitted free but are not allowed on The Batterhorn or The Frozen Mile. Strollers are allowed but not recommended at Indians Snow Days.
- ICE SKATES and SNOW TUBES: You may bring your own ice skates to Indians Snow Days but ice skate rental is included in the price of The Let’s Move It! Frozen Mile tickets. Supplying your own ice skates will NOT result in a discount to the price of tickets for The Let’s Move It! Frozen Mile. Snow tubes and sleds will not be allowed into Progressive Field.
Additional warming areas, including an indoor children’s play area will also be available
***Visit www.indians.com/snowdays for complete list of ticket options and pricing***
To view the complete calendar for the Snow Days Events and hours, click here. On the calendar, click the “T” in the upper right corner of each day for a list of pricing of tickets based on the eveTo receive notifications when new articles are posted by this Examiner, click SUBSCRIBE at the top of this page – it is free and anonymous. Join our Facebook Page for information & coupons for your family and community. Click Here To Join – Make A Difference In Cleveland -Also, don’t forget to subscribe to Make A Difference In Cleveland’s Blog – daily discounts & coupons and links for printable coupons, too! **Would you like to spotlight your business and offer our Cleveland readers special savings? Do you have a special charitable event coming up that you’d like to let our readers know about? Email this Examiner at MakeADifferenceInCleveland@live.comnts your family will participate in.
©Jennifer Toth, All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. Partial reposting is permitted with a link back to the original article.